Awning plastic gutter strip alternative.

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:21 pm
by Randa france | 12.877 Posts

Lynn Alan-Harris off facebook writes:-

Just tried the rubber gutter strip to go with the Kampa Pop Sir Pro awning. Works really well and fitted in minutes. I sent back the Kampa one and got a refund as could not fit it. It seems not all Eribas have the same gutter profile and it fits some and not others.

I'm not sure if Lynn has experienced it in extreme conditions yet but I'll keep an eye on it.

seals direct.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)seals direct 01.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Awning plastic gutter strip alternative.

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:46 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

I have got the same rain strip, whilst away in York we had torrential rain storms. The strip worked well with very minimal leakage from the Kampa awning rail. Big thumbs up for the awning and the seals direct rain guard.

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Randa france, FINNWOODY, and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:38 pm
by Kam | 139 Posts

My Eriba lives on a storage yard 40 mins away.

Can anyone tell me what length I need for a 2006 Troll 540 please?

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:34 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.320 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

The straight run on your van awning rail is about 3.45m, plus about 0.2m each end for the curves so 3.85m in total. As the strip is sold by the metre 4.0m should be perfect.
Have a look on e-bay first as they have a site and the costing of product plus p&p is worked out slightly differently, possibly in your favour.
Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Van-Carav...NIAAOSwTy1dJKIT

Colin

The following contents have been linked to this post:

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Doonhamer likes this post!
Last edited Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:38 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:07 pm
by Kam | 139 Posts

Thanks Colin.

All ordered. I can feel a winter camping trip coming on.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:52 am
by RichL (deleted)

Sorry to be dim but what does this do? Stop the water from the roof falling over the awning strip? New to Eribas and caravans so just trying looking around and understanding what solutions people have, but as I do not understand the PROBLEM its hard to work out if I need the solution :-)

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:35 am
by Randa france | 12.877 Posts

Hi Rich.
You can liken it to an extra deep gutter. The guttering around the Eriba is adequate for taking away rain water but it's an extra precaution to deflect any gutter overspill from seeping through the joint between awning and van. Not obligatory but a useful addition if you have a problem.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

and Doonhamer like this post!
Last edited Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:47 am | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:05 pm
by RichL (deleted)

Thanks - makes sense!

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:31 pm
by Kam | 139 Posts

9431CDC1-6CDA-45DE-A59E-E41847929A51.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

I used my Kampa awning for the first time last weekend. I was alone and quite haphazard in how I put it up and consequently forgot all about the awning strip. It rained very heavily but there was no leakage whatsoever.

I’m very pleased with the awning and will use the gutter strip next time as a precaution. The only downside was having to dry the awning on the kitchen floor after the trip but even this was worth It for the extra utility.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:33 pm
by Kam | 139 Posts

Oh, and just to add, my wife hates it!

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:50 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.320 Posts

Well done. I bet it was not easy pulling it through the track by yourself. Tell your lovely wife she'll love it when she can stand inside it whilst it's chucking it down with rain.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:04 pm
by Kam | 139 Posts

It was a bit heavy but not as bad as I’d imagined. I was determined to put it up myself as I sometimes go winter camping alone. I’m hoping my wife will grow to like it. It’s a game changer for me and it means the ‘van is clutter free and I can cook and store muddy boots etc in the awning. I sat in it very happily at night and enjoyed a Guinness.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:42 pm
by Captain Calamity | 346 Posts

Kam
All wifes hate awnings - fact of life. Hence the expression “divorce in a bag”.
However I have cracked it! You can buy a small pulley arrangement from Kampa which will allow you to thread a pop-air into the track while standing on a step at one end of the van. (If you are 5’ 12’’ you may not need the step). You then pull the awning through via the pulley arrangement whilst feeding the track at the business end. I tend to send Mrs C off with the dog whilst doing this to avoid excess stress (hers not mine!). Takes 5 mins.
Capn C

Kam likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:42 pm
by Captain Calamity | 346 Posts

One final note. Some Kampa Popairs do not have an eye at the end of the track. A small clamp, as used to peg down groundsheets, works well.

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 20 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12534 topics and 105727 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1