Jockey wheel comparison

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:32 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

This video shows three jockey wheels on test, I came to the same conclusion. The new Eribas come with a solid rubber wheel which in my opinion is the best I have had.

The replacement solid rubber wheel for the new Eribas is in the ebay link below.
Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Bradl...redirect=mobile

The following contents have been linked to this post:

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Randa france, and Eribacamper like this post!
Last edited Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:32 pm | Scroll up

RE: Jockey wheel comparison

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:59 pm
by Sportique | 332 Posts

Very interesting test - slightly flawed but hey...

I would say that if you are happy with the jockey "post" and "winder" then I believe I am correct in saying that the wheel/axle are standard irrespective of rubber/inflatable/plastic construction and are therefore inter-changeable - its just a clevis pin holding it on.

(PS His problem with the inflatable was that it was not fitted with an offset valve and therefore it was difficult to get his pump seated correctly on the valve. I suggest it was not seated and was not giving a sensible reading, the tyre looks to be way under-inflated.)

Just my two penny worth.

Dave

Audi A3 2.0 TDi Sport closely linked to a 1994 320GT
Eribanut and eribanaut like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:45 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.745 Posts

This thread from 2014/16 may be of interest: Jockey wheels

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

Last edited Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:46 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:22 am
by Frankenbetty (deleted)

I fitted one of these https://www.force4.co.uk/force-4-punctur...key%20wheel&; and it is very good and looks funky 😁

Lou and Khani with an 07 Triton 430gt pushing a Mitsubishi Outlander di-d4 auto with added poodles bikes and kayaks..
mr_underhill likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:20 am
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

I bought a puncture proof tyre a few years ago, the power of the motor mover ripped it off its inner wheel...

puncture proof wheel.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:08 am

If that’s a 30 x 4 that may be why it happened as it’s the wrong size and could foul when the weight of the van is on it and it squashes a bit. the one I’ve got is a 260 x 85 the same size as the original and it works a treat up and down kerbs and on rough ground without digging in or constantly needing pumping up

Lou and Khani with an 07 Triton 430gt pushing a Mitsubishi Outlander di-d4 auto with added poodles bikes and kayaks..

Last edited Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:39 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:20 am
by Nthurrzzz (deleted)

My standard solid rubber jockey wheel (2018 Troll) started tearing and pieces coming away. It slowly got worse and I replaced it with the Alko wheel that has a weight gauge built in. It’s the one that Eriba have in their catalogue but I got it from a cheaper supplier. I wasn’t so bothered about the gauge (though it is handy) but impressed with the extra quality of the whole thing. The bar, handle, wheel, components all better. The little bit of extra weight also helps with me getting the right nose weight in my 2018 Troll which is always a bit of challenge as they tend to be a bit light on the nose.

~ N

~ 530 and proud
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:01 am
by Steve McMillan (deleted)

https://www.force4.co.uk/force-4-punctur...key%20wheel&;

Would this be a straight forward swap on a triton?

Last edited Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:58 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:57 am

as long as your replacing a pump up wheel and tyre it should be ok. If you have a solid wheel you might not have the clearance

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 22 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3