Axle repair/replacement recommendation

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:52 am
by Brian Turner (deleted)

Help! We have a major problem with the axle on our 2001 Puck L.
Recently we had an annual service, and the engineer informed us that the ‘offside axle tube rubber is worn and has play in it’ and needs to be repaired or replaced.
Unfortunately he is unable to do this for us because he is mobile only and does not have premises to take on this sort of work.
Can anyone offer a recommendation of a company that could do this for us.
I expect the costs to be quite high but we love our little van and would be lost without it.

Thanks in advance
Brian & Barb

BBE82B35-E248-4A95-A8D4-BA2D4A755E98.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

RE: Axle repair/replacement recommendation

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:49 am
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

A similar question came up earlier this year with no specific answer and I posted this:-
"A few points to consider on your axle. I'm guessing it is probably an ALKO and will be foreign in origin. ALKO UK will not I believe be able to supply one so hence the concerns of your caravan service man. It would have to come from Germany, with affiliated running gear and hence be expensive. A while ago I recall mention of an axle refurb company that advertised on the C&MC magazine. Use the search facility on this site and you may find it, or look through the old magazines.

Hope this is of some use.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:01 am
by Randa france | 12.888 Posts

Not necessarily a solution to your problem Brian, but this thread might be of interest to you. Good Luck

A Scottish tale

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:03 am
by Arthur Newnham (deleted)

http://fraserbrowneng.co.uk/ is the company who advertise in C&MC magazine, their phone number is 01862 851600
Art.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:37 pm
by Rich_T (deleted)

Indespension can manufacture custom axles to your dimensions. You also have the option of specifying which brakes you want, be it alko, knott or the crappy alko auto adjust. You can also spec them with sealed or taper bearings. Could be worth seeing if you have a branch nearby or get in touch with the factory.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:40 pm
by Randa france | 12.888 Posts

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 21 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2