Air Awnings

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:37 pm
by atkinbrown | 62 Posts

We have had our Troll 530GT since the middle of May and have had 7 trips away in it. Now we ere thinking of buying an air awning for it and wondered what other Eriba owners have. We don't like the idea of poles incase we damage the van so definately an air one. Any advice very welcome.

Scroll up

RE: Air Awnings

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:31 pm
by Rich_T (deleted)

We've got the kampa pop air for the puck. Best awning ever, it's pitched in roughly 15 minutes.
We've just ordered another one for our new to us 430.

atkinbrown likes this post!
Last edited Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:31 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:01 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.609 Posts

Kampa pop air for my Familia 320 very pleased with it..

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:22 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

If you want a vehicle specific air awning then the Kampa Pop-Air is the way to go. My only concern would be what age is your van. If you have one of the higher post 2010 vans then you MUST buy the 2019 mode awning. Do not be tempted to buy one of the earlier models that are being advertised at a reduced price. If you have a pre 2010 van then don't worry as an earlier model awning will fit fine.
Whatever the answer then get the genuine Kampa awning carpet, don't bother with the extra storm straps and buy the Seals Direct gutter trim http://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/pdf/ETS1395DR.pdf and not the Kampa version.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:12 pm
by IainG | 31 Posts

A motorhome drive away awning is a cheaper alternative to a Kampa awning, and to be honest, looks a lot better when pitched on a post 2010 Eriba. I've got a Vango Siesta and it goes very well with my Troll.

Keith and Sue and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:16 pm
by IainG | 31 Posts

IMG_20190803_141350236_HDR.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

atkinbrown, shrublands and Doonhamer like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:50 am
by Strathspey (deleted)

Yep, the Kampa Air is the one; we have one for our 2017 Troll 540 GT and it is terrific. Bought along with the 'van from Lowdon (Notts) with a decent discount. The only (slight) issue is feeding the bead into the rail (awkward height and stiff/difficult to feed / pull) - silicon spray in the rail reduces friction and small folding alloy step increases working height. Sorted. And, top bonus... no awkward poles - no domestic er tension!!

The stiff white plastic "drip strip", to stop rain running down side of 'van and into the awning, is A Good Thing but, it is a beggar to fit / impossible to fit on your own - ALV at Tebay say it needs 2 folk; finally, fit it and forget ie leave on permanently

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:31 pm
by Mikeje99 (deleted)

Hi

In the photo it looks as if the awning is connected to the sun shade. Can I ask what sun shade you have please?

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 15 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105676 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2