Reich motor mover

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:32 am
by Steve McMillan (deleted)

Hi all,
I am having a Reich easydriver pro motor mover fitted to my Eriba Triton on the 20th September, the question I would like to ask is will my leisure battery be up to the job of powering it?
At the moment I have a 85ah/90ah battery and thought I saw somewhere that I will need a 110ah, is this right?
I don’t want to get to footing day and the fitter says the battery is not man enough, oh but I have one I can sell you for xxx amount which is way over what I need to spend, any recommendations if I need to upgrade.
Thank you in advance for any help
Steve.

Scroll up

RE: Reich motor mover

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:33 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

If it helps My Riech comfort mover says in the instructions that it should be a minimum of 75ah, someone who has an easy mover may be able to advise you further. I think I would stick with what you have got and see how it performs.

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
b2nun and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:32 pm
by Threeberries3 (deleted)

Hi I have a Troll 542GT 2016 purchased from AL and it had a battery fitted when purchased, it also has a Reich Easydriver pro 1.8 which is great. We had used van for a couple of years and no real issues as such but when I checked with the battery manufacturer I discovered the it wasn't actually a leisure battery at all but a car battery. I do not use off grid so the battery is always well charged but you can tell that it is straining as our drive is off a slope. I considered swapping for a type B 110ah battery as is recommended but until the battery we have actually dies I'm loath to splash the cash. I think a 110ah type B would be recommended but if like me you stay plugged in to the mains try it with your existing battery. Also the Triton is lighter than the Troll, isn't it? If on the other hand you do go off grid you may want to think again.
Colin

Colin
Eriba 542 behind a AWD Renault Kadjar
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:31 am
by Captain Calamity | 349 Posts

We also have a Reich Easydriver Pro 1.8 on our Triton driven by an 85ah battery and have had no problems. Off grid (up to 4 days) we use gas for heating and cooking and there is very little draw on the battery, just led lights and water pumps.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:18 am
by Phillip (deleted)

Power consumption on the flat is 20Amps, this will rise with incline. You could get into newton's 1St and 2nd law, but that hurts the brain. 80amp battery in good health for short maximum periods should serve you well, unless your into hill climbing.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/61012131@N07/albums

Last edited Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:19 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:43 am
by Ray Lawrence | 668 Posts

95 Ah battery here with Reich Mover on Triton 430GT. No problem at all. Off grid for 7 days with solar panel back up.

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:50 am
by Steve McMillan (deleted)

Thanks for all your replies

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 34 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3