GT Runner Fridge Problems

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:16 am
by Randa france | 12.888 Posts

15 September 2019

Fridge problems
Hi all, I am wondering if anyone has had a similar "fridge" problem ? We took delivery of our lovely new 60th Anniversary model Troll 530 last June. Its been parked in the garage ever since. I have taken it out into the garden occasionally to do "test" setting up. Each time the fridge has work perfectly. Anyway, we finally went away for a weekend, last week. Again the fridge worked perfectly. We get home and park it back in the garage and I have notice my remaining 2 beers have gone warm. I have turned it off over night and tried again, but still no good. The light comes on inside and there is warm air coming from the outside grill. Spoken to Cameron at AL and he says the element might have gone - but I find that hard to believe. Does anyone have any ideas on this. Much appreciated, thank you.

GT Runner

Admin. Note. We have moved this post from the Forum Blog as it will not get answered there. All new posts/threads should be confined to the appropriate Topic Page and not the blog.
Randa.

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

RE: GT Runner Fridge Problems

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:54 am
by Frantone (deleted)

If you can feel warmth from the upper outside vent then I think the element must be working.

Eriba Troll 540GT (#6) and Galaxy.
Don’t grow up.....it’s a trap!
FINNWOODY likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:15 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Thanks Randa. I could not figure it out (how to post on the "new posts" page).

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:17 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.745 Posts

There isn't a new posts page. Go to 'Forum', select the appropriate heading and create a new thread.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Pepé Le Pew likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:43 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

OK, thanks Aaron, I will give that a go next time. Meanwhile my bluming fridge is still not working, even on gas.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:39 am
by Randa france | 12.888 Posts

If you say it's not working on lecci or gas then it can't be the element. We had to use our fridge for half a long holiday a few years ago on gas only because the element had gone.

If it was a new van this time last year surely AL have a greater responsibilty than just to palm you off with a response like that?

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
FINNWOODY likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:28 am
by FINNWOODY | 137 Posts

Could it be the thermostat? I've read on other web sites that the pin on the thermostat control knob can shear.The knob still turns but does not alter the temperature setting.I am not very "technical" but have just fitted a new element to my Pan Duo T with help from friend.In my case there wasn't any heat from the vents.A bit fiddly getting everything back in place but now working fine.

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 32 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2