Blind trouble

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:03 pm
by Richard Brace (deleted)

Hi all
Just back from a great week away in the Triton. Sadly on the last morning the blackout blind at the back, above the bed, failed to retract and is just hanging. I think there was a bit of a noise when I tried to put it back up in the morning! Spring?
So - any suggestions welcome. I should warn than I'm technically incompetent.
All the best
Rich

Scroll up

RE: Blind trouble

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:20 pm
by ross (deleted)

Has it come out of the track? Happened to me recently and found it had jumped to the other track. Takes patience to tease it back in without creasing it.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:34 pm
by Richard Brace (deleted)

Thanks for the reply. No it hasn't come out of the track - I think the spring has gone or (hopefully) needs tensioning. Not sure how to go about that though!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:47 pm
by Randa france | 12.888 Posts

Not had the problem myself Richard but I assume it's the same as tensioning any window blind. You may have to dismantle the top and side frames however to get at the blind.

Here's a link:-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5T_IIjvi9E

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:49 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:57 pm
by cabbie37 | 644 Posts

Are they the same as a normal 'domestic' blind? I wonder whether they are a 'Remis' blind. Although this is much lengthier than it need be, this might be useful..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJznhlkDxsI&t=390s

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:24 pm
by Phillip (deleted)
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:57 pm
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Grandson no 3 did something horrid to one of ours and when trying to fix it, there was also the sproing noise meaning that the tension had gone. On some, you can access a slot at the top, that you turn a little at a time to re tension. We had to unscrew ours from the wall to do this.

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:23 pm
by Sulphurman | 82 Posts

I had to fix mine recently as at some point the nylon 'string' used to affix the top side of the silver fabric had started to unravel and made the blind wonky. I unscrewed the complete unit and had a look at how it all worked. The horizontal top part holds all the gubbins and the two verticals contain the 'stays' to hold the materials in the desired position. They will unclip from the top part. The blind can be tensioned by popping a flat head screwdriver in the end and turning. It should only turn one way as there is a nylon ratchet fitting. I should have taken some pictures I suppose but at the time I thought I'd maybe get some more silver fabric and do a 'how to', as there is a little rip in it where the stringy bit got caught.

Maybe I'll dismantle the other one and clean it out and take some pictures then :)

(Verity &) Steve
Esther the Puck and Sharon the Sharan. Esther's Instagram
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 34 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3