Chance meeting!

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:28 pm
by Errol (deleted)

image.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Hello to you all! As a new member, my first message has to be a thank you, to a couple we were parked next to at Lac d' Orient camping who had a Troll the same as ours. We had a lovely conversation and they gave us good advice and encouragement for our mamouth task!
I don't remember their names but they towed with a white Volvo ,I think they came from Leicester .
I do also have a question,does anybody know we're we can get upholstery to match our original? One of the long bolsters is missing, so needs making! I would also like to know what the pattern is called, I hope the picture is clear!
Many thanks E

Scroll up

RE: Chance meeting!

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:13 pm
by Randa france | 12.888 Posts

Hi Errol and welcome to Eribafolk

What is the year of manufacture for your Troll and do you know if it was made for the UK market place or for Europe?

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:36 pm
by Errol (deleted)

Hello! It's 2006, a friend bought it in Netherlands then took it to near Perpignan , where it's been for11 yrs. he gave up travelling at 90 yrs old so we bought it!

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:06 pm
by Tomored | 2.128 Posts

To the forum Errol

Tom and Margaret

The only way to have a friend, Is to be one
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:35 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Welcome Errol. Unfortunately I don't think you're going to have much luck sourcing the fabric, so it will be plane B. I'd choose one of the many colours and use this as a solid/one only colour for the bolsters.
If you have a local small upholsterer it would be worth taking the cushion in and asking them what they have that would sit well with the original.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

likes this post!
Last edited Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:33 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:49 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

Hi Errol, this appears to be one of the Colmar fabrics in the 2004 German brochure (page 50) in the recent documentation post by Steve & Debbie.

https://files.homepagemodules.de/b614104...77_stTMZLiB.pdf

Think you may have a task on your hands to match this. Maybe get it made up in a toning fabric and have covers for the other cushion(s) made up. I have seen some photos where Eribas have a mix of patterned and plain fabrics.

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
Steve and Debbie and Randa france like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:30 pm
by Errol (deleted)

I think you just confirmed my suspicions ,it's just that the interior is so nice it would have been good to have it as it should be.
Many thanks E

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:23 am
by granddadgrape | 1.560 Posts

Liz & Alan
Landrover Defender 90 & 2014 Triton 420
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:55 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:16 am
by PooleDweller | 753 Posts

. Why not contact Hymer and ask them if it's still available. If it is it will be very expensive!

2015 Eriba Triton 430GT pushing a 2011 VW Golf Estate DSG 2L Diesel
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:01 am
by Errol (deleted)

Thanks! I'll do it this morning, fingers crossed!
E

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:36 am
by Randa france | 12.888 Posts

Thanks for that Errol. The reason for the question is because Hymer have changes of fabric every couple of years and fabric patterns offered in mainland Europe often differ from the fabric on "made for the UK" vans.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:36 am | Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 32 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2