lost keys

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:38 am
by Sohani Crockett (deleted)

Hello all! We hare new to Eriba world, we just got our first little caravan - an Eriba Pan Familia 1978 and we love her!! But I have a big problem and hoping kind EribaFolk may have some advice. We took her out for our first little 24hr trip and somewhere between packing up and getting home I lost the keys. I am so upset and not sure what to do!
Thanks
Sohani

Scroll up

RE: lost keys

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:43 am
by Phillip (deleted)

It sounds very much like it will end in new locks fitted if your keys can't be found.

A member will soon advise the best place for service and price to source these from.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/61012131@N07/albums
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:52 am
by Sohani Crockett (deleted)

ok. thanks so much for your reply

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:52 am
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

Sohani ,
a couple of thoughts. Contact Jandi in Scotland, who will probably say a full set of matching locks/barrels, or, have you got a friendly locksmith or insurance cover. If you can get somebody out to pick the lock so you can get in, then you can remove the lock/barrel to see the code on it and order or have made a replacement key.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Randa france and Williebraveheart like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:54 am
by Randa france | 12.875 Posts

Hi Sohani.

As you don't have any spare keys to copy from I can't see any other route than to buy a new lock barrel unless someone else knows better.

Does the lost key fit anything else on the van like gas box or external lockers?

What I would do is to get the VIN number of your van off the rectangular plate on the outside of the van, normally near the door bottom. Better still take a photo of it.

Then Email/phone these guys. Jean or Sandy at Jandi http://www.eribacaravans.co.uk/ They should be able to advise you.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:55 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:36 pm
by granddadgrape | 1.558 Posts

Liz & Alan
Landrover Defender 90 & 2014 Triton 420
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:34 pm
by Tomored | 2.128 Posts

Hi and hope you get sorted quickly

Tom and Margaret

The only way to have a friend, Is to be one
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:39 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

hope you find a solution quickly.

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:49 am
by Ray Lawrence | 667 Posts

Are you locked out of the van?
If not you could dismantle one of the locks and take it to a locksmith who might be able to make a key, possibly cheaper than replacing all the barrels.

On my Triton that would be 5 barrels. Door, external locker, two gas locker and one toilet cassette door.

If you are locked out it is relatively easy to slide a bit of stout wire (wire coathanger ) with a hook on the end up through the window rubber and push up the catches if you have that type of catch on your older van.

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual

Last edited Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:55 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:21 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Hi sorry to hear of lost keys. On a lot of Eribas the door key also unlocks the gas locker and any external locker you might have on your familia. If these are not locked you can dismantle the lock to access the lock number then talk to Jandi to see if they can get replacements.

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 17 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105683 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5