Eriba damp check.

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:09 pm
by Chris_and_dogs (deleted)

We have a 2016 Triton and have to take it 55 mles away, and leave it for a week, in order to have it serviced and inspected by a Hymer-approved workshop,and remain eligible for the 6-year damp warranty. I was just wondering whether anyone has needed to claim on this, after the first three years?

Scroll up

RE: Eriba damp check.

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:10 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

Some have had issues with damp and this can cost a LOT to correct. If your van is still under the 6 yr warranty on damp then please take it to an Eriba/Hymer dealer and get the water ingress check done.
I travel from Merseyside to Nottingham, 6+ hours return and will continue to do so until the van is 6 yrs old.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Williebraveheart and Poptop320 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:44 pm
by PhilipM | 208 Posts

Adventure Leisure Vehicles in Tebay can do a same day service and damp check as long as you have the Eriba with them for 9:30. You usually get a call saying it is ready to collect around 3pm. Not sure why other places take a week.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:22 pm
by JefL | 95 Posts

Automotive Leisure also always manage to do ours in one day. We usually drop it off late afternoon after a leisurely drive down and go off to a local hotel for The night and enjoy a day out next day. Usually ready for collection around 3 pm for the drive home.

Jef
Freelander 2 and Big Ben, the 410
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:38 am
by marmite | 400 Posts

It's expensive, we look upon it as an insurance policy, you may never need to claim but if you have issues it is (not can be) horribly expensive to remedy.
Our 2017 Troll is off to the Edwin Hymer centre in Stafford on 31st to sort out the water ingress issue, when we contacted them they asked for the registration number contacted Hymer to confirm that the water ingress tests were up to date before accepting the booking. We will see how we get on.

As an aside John E (marvellous Eriba expert repairer) told us that the awning rail sealant was prone to fail on vans aged over 10 years and that he recommended that the awning rail should be re-sealed at around this time. Good advice - make a diary note.

Denise & Phil

Williebraveheart and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:42 am
by Williebraveheart | 351 Posts

55 miles is hardly getting the engine warm. I would not consider passing over the damp check test.

Stewart

2019 Troll 535GT Fixed Bed. Skoda Karoq 1.5i DSG
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:19 am
by Poptop320 | 2.609 Posts

My van has just had its 4th damp service, they found damp in the locker door. They said it could be from having the door open whilst it was raining, however they said they would err on the side of caution and order a new door and fit it as part of the water ingress warranty..

I would certainly keep up with the damp warranty, especially if you want to part ex/sell it in the near future. You can use any Hymer dealer to carry out the service.

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:53 am
by johnf (deleted)

Thankfully, I've not had a damp problem with either of my Eribas. If I did, do you think that it would be possible to claim on insurance? I suspect damp is considered the product of normal "wear and tear" rather than as an accident or damage to the unit.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:31 pm

You could only attempt to make a claim if the van has had a regular Hymer/Eriba damp/water ingress check every year. It is only valid for the first 6 years.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:47 pm

Thanks for the advice, everybody, and interesting to see that somebody did have a problem after four years, as I had assumed that any defect would be likely to show itself within the first couple of years. It's going in, tomorrow, so I'll enquire, whether, if we book it in a year in advance, they might be able to do the damp check and service in one day. I guess I miss the days of being able to get my old Puck serviced locally and very reasonably. Tomorrow it will cost £259 for the service, plus £150+ for the damp check.

Last edited Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:52 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:06 pm

That does sound high. I was in Adventure Leisure of Tebay on Sunday and they want £230 + £110, I think.
I have a contract with Lowdhams of Nottingham which works out about £250 in total for service and official water ingress check.

Colin

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:59 pm
by Captain Calamity | 342 Posts

Travelworld (Hymer Stafford) will do a same-day service and damp check. Not cheap but brilliant service. Just be careful you don't put down a deposit on a new £150k A-class motorhome while you wait!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:12 pm

Well, we struck lucky at Highbridge today as it was relatively quiet and the lady on reception offered us a same-day service, as opposed to the normal arrangement. Had a very long walk on deserted beaches and then a browse around the caravans and motorhomes. My goodness, the big double-axel ones are a world away from the Eribas, in terms of comfort and space, but I wouldn't fancy towing one along the lanes! I've already booked a same-day service for next year - just to be sure!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:23 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

What a rip off. I paid £107 for house buildings and contents this year. I'm sure they will pay out if I have water damage. No need to pay for an annual inspection on my house.

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi

Last edited Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:25 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 26 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105683 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3