Blast from the past for Remembrance day

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:46 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

bit of a who's who of Battle of Britain pilots....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4408_DJOu3I

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi

Randa france and Tin Head like this post!
Last edited Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:00 pm | Scroll up

RE: Blast from the past for Remembrance day

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:35 pm
by Randa france | 12.895 Posts

We had the good fortune to visit Colditz a few years ago, where Messrs Bader and co spent the past 3 years of the war.

Douglas Bader.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

What a really interesting place to visit made even better by the lovely German lady guide who told us all the stories of the various escape attemps, both from an Allied and German point of view.

The German Army and Luftwaffe Officers endangered their own lives on many occassions by denying the SS from taking command of the Castle. It was run on Geneva Convention Guidelines.

Here's our story of the visit and we highly recommend it to all. Fascinating. Randalog 2016 (12)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Eribanut, FINNWOODY and thecolliss like this post!
Last edited Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:01 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:04 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

What I found amazing with this program was having the French people who helped Douglas Bader to (try to) escape as depicted in Reach for the Sky. Another great story was how he got Adolf Galland to let him sit in a Bf109. When he also asked to take it for a spin around the airfield, guess what the answer was!

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi

FINNWOODY likes this post!
Last edited Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:02 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:41 am
by FINNWOODY | 137 Posts

I visited Colditz in the early 1990's.The chemical company I worked for was only about 15 minutes away.I can't remember if an official tour was available but I just had a wander around.Very interesting.This was only a few years after "the Wall" came down so I had some very interesting discussions with some of my older co workers who had had years under communist rule.

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:46 am | Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 77 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12546 topics and 105806 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4