530 front dinette footprint for mattress topper

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:10 pm
by Bellbeard (deleted)

Hi all,

I would like to order a custom topper for the front dinette bed on our new 530 60th, we haven't received as yet but picking up soon, it's for our small kids to sleep on (I'd rather they weren't drooling direct on the seats!)

The measurements quoted are 198x94/98 (the smaller measurement due to the washroom at the top of the bed, does anyone have the actual footprint for this? Or a measurement of where the cutout is? (where it expands to 98)

Thanks in advance!!

Scroll up

RE: 530 front dinette footprint for mattress topper

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:26 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Being tight in nature and inventive, I bought the nearest fit IKEA 50mm topper some years ago. It has a zip cover so the contents came out and were cut to rquired profile and then went back into the cover. The excess material in the cover is tucked under. Works a treat and the cover comes off for a wash when needed.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:56 am
by Bellbeard (deleted)

Ahh indeed a cunning plan..... But i've just looked and the IKEA one I'd have to buy is about the same price as the custom one... Maybe IKEA have had a price hike of late... But I might shop around for that as an option. Was it easy to cut?

Or I'm thinking I might tell the custom to do 94 at one end then fan out to 98 from midway... From the pics I've looked at that should be suitable...

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:07 am
by Randa france | 12.888 Posts

Now I don't know if this will be of any help to you Bellbeard but I've just measured the front area of our 1999 Troll 530. It's one of the 2000mm overall width ones and I assume by your dimensions, yours is 100mm wider. (2100mm)

530 front.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:46 pm
by Bellbeard (deleted)

Oooh ta that does look helpful!! Yep I think we are 100 wider but the shower measurement is super helpful.... Think I can take a stab at a rough drawing for the topper peeps to work with!! Cheers!

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:08 am
by Nthurrzzz (deleted)

We picked up a regular single topper from IKEA for our 530 and it works fine. The few cms difference in the difference between the larger and smaller seat makes no difference in real world use to us.

~ N

~ 530 and proud
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:15 am
by Nthurrzzz (deleted)

Btw - a trick we settled on. Instead of putting the topper in place then putting a sheet over, we bought an IKEA duvet cover and put the topper in it. When we make the bed you just unfold the topper/duvet cover, tuck in the sides then put your actual duvet on top. Much easier to set up and pack away.

~ N

~ 530 and proud
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:25 am
by NickR | 38 Posts

i am very interested in these proposed combinations of IKEA topper and duvet cover, as we have a Triton whose bed is very comfortable, but very difficult to make with an under blanket and sheet, as it involves crawling about trying to tuck the sheet in. We use duvet on top.The idea of rolling out a combination of foam, zipped on cover and duvet cover being the under sheet, all in one move is very attractive. I assume you would have to cut the rounded corners in the foam to fit it to the back end, and all the cover and duvet cover surplus would then tuck in easily,
Has anybody done this, and are there any snags? We have the longitudinal bed,( kingsize?) but i imagine a transverse bed would be the same.

Nick

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:01 pm
by Eribaroudeur (deleted)

Eddie from France

For my two young children, I did exactly the same.
We have in our 535 a front dinette of 198x94/98.
I ordered a foam of 3 cm thick and density suitable for a mattress pad on the internet.
I asked for the size of 198x98 and I cut the difference with scissors.
With cotton fabric, I sewed a fitted sheet.
It protects the cushions, and sleeping is much more comfortable.
The result is impeccable.
It cost me 30 euros.

Randa france and Newbie22 like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 29 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3