Certificate of conformity

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:02 pm
by Nthurrzzz (deleted)

Wonder if anyone can shed some light -

I have just come across the term ‘certificate of conformity’. Is this something I need to be aware of touring in Europe with my 2018 Eriba Troll ? Do in need one for the Eriba? Where do I find out about it? Where do I get one?

~ N

~ 530 and proud
Scroll up

RE: Certificate of conformity

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:32 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

I'm on my 4th Eriba, two bought new, one from Belgium and one from UK. Never seen one and never been asked for one since taking an Eriba away for the first time in 2003.
I though it was an official document issued/registered to the manufacturer once a van had been assessed and passed technical and safety tests in the country of origin.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:55 pm
by Captain Calamity | 349 Posts

My understanding, (my friends on this forum may be better informed), is that you only need a certificate of conformity if you wish to import your caravan to France permanently. Touring will not present a problem.
You may need proof of ownership of course and car insurance which covers you for towing.

Capn C

and Randa france like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:07 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

~N,
just a thought, have you caravaned in Europe?

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:50 pm
by Bryn | 994 Posts

we could not get certificate of conformity to register our Eriba in France when we wanted to exchange for another one at AL as the van we wanted was pre 2010, this meant that we would not have been able to get registration in France or get the registration number, as we are now back in the UK we have exported the Eriba and it no longer has it's own registration number( immatriculation)

If you were to take a Ifor Williams trailer to France from the UK the CoC is around £300+ from the manufacturer

Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 19 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4