Which Awning

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:55 pm
by maurice williams (deleted)

Hello

Can anyone please suggest a good air awning to fit my Triton 320. I have an awning but it is a frame awning and is a bit of a faff for a singly to erect.

Thanks.

Scroll up

RE: Which Awning

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:30 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Maurice you have two options, a drive away with tunnel designed for a camper, or a model specific caravan awning.
In the later you basically have the Kampa Pop Air Pro 290 designed for the Familia. If you take this route and your van is newer than 2010, ie it is a later taller van, then you must get the second generation model awning introduced from 2019 onwards. If your van is older then you do not need to worry and could buy one of the earlier Kampa awnings of slightly different design.
The awning is a little heavy to get into the track, difficult for one person, but is overall a decent product.. It is only a little quicker than a conventional awning to erect, but far quicker to take down. The Kampa groundsheet for this awning is excellent, the storm straps are to be avoided and do not buy the Kampa weather strip under any circumstance. Buy the trim from http://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/pdf/ETS1395DR.pdf

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:31 pm
by Rich_T (deleted)

The Kampa ones are as good as they come, we got one for our old puck and bought another for our 430

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 am
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Hi Maurice, we bought the Vango hex hub air which we use on our new 530. We are really please with it. We can put it up and have it pegged down in under 10 minutes. Really nice space inside when it’s up. Comes with fly screens, curtains, and 2 door options. If you pm me I can send you some pictures.

Last edited Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:34 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:51 am
by atkinbrown | 62 Posts

I agree with Colin. We have the Kampa Pro Air bought from Norwich Camping and they even put one up on our van to show us what it was like. Its a bit heavy for one person to put up but with two it's a dawdle. As Colin said don't buy the gutter strip as by all accounts they are a bit of a job to put on. We didn't buy one and have had the awning up in torrential rain and you get a few drips running down the side of the van which we didn't find a problem.

Eriba 530GT and Golf 2ltr Estate
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:54 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

the easiest of our awnings to put up is the Kampa 365, but it does say they are not intended for extended use or in high UV areas.
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:03 am
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Hi Maurice, here is some pictures of our excellent Vango Hex air awning. Goes up in about 8 mins.

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 IMG_1229.jpeg 
 IMG_1234.jpeg 
 IMG_1237.jpeg 

Sportique and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:02 am
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

That looks nice. I'd imagine only problem would be trying to site it on some pitches,in particular Caravan & Motorhome Club sites.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:00 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

So far, no problems on the sites we have been. Feels really nice inside the awning, mainly because of the good height. Also we can zip close it off from the tunnel that connects to the Eriba so no issues with having to block off the gap between the ground and the bottom of the caravan.

likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 15 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2