Mirrors

in We've got it down to a T Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:18 pm
by maurice williams (deleted)

Hello
Can someone please tell me if it is necessary to have mirrors on when towing an Eriba (Triton 320) and recommend which mirrors to buy

Thank you

Scroll up

RE: Mirrors

in We've got it down to a T Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:27 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

Maurice,
because of the comparatively narrow width of your Eriba then legally possibly no, but you do not want to be entering a discussion with a nice police person or be arguing with somebody from your insurance company.
Common sense says buy them and use them. You will be amazed at the difference when you set them up.
Millenco Aero are arguably the best generic mirrors available with flat or convex lens, choice up to you. Sometimes a faff to fit, especially with some VAG models, different "feet" are available to help.
I've recently bought some EMUK after a year long search for a pair. These are custom made to fit your specific vehicle but expensive, at about £105 a par imported from Germany.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Randa france and Eribanut like this post!
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:30 pm
by Randa france | 12.875 Posts

Lots of discussion if you look for "Towing Mirrors" on the search engine.

Here's a good one :- Towing mirrors

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:10 pm
by Captain Calamity | 342 Posts

Milenko Aero for me every time. Sensible price, very stable and, a spare mirror when white van man liberates one (voice of experience) is just over a tenner.
I tow with a Tiguan.

Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:06 am
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

I've recently bought some EMUK after a year long search for a pair. These are custom made to fit your specific vehicle but expensive, at about £105 a par imported from Germany.

I love my wealthy Eriba cousins . In the mean time we use Milenco Aeros

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem

eribaMotters likes this post!
Last edited Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:08 am | Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 55 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105683 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3