That's blown it....

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:58 am
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

So, there we were, in our third (or is it fourth?) week of self isolation and just about to open a bottle of wine, when the doorbell rang and our nextdoor neighbour informed us that someone had reversed into the rear corner of our car......twice.

This was sometime after 11pm and our car was parked off the lane, in what should have been our front garden but is now a two car hardstand. The fact that our lane is only about 50 yards long, is uphill, is quite narrow, and goes nowhere, for something like this to happen beggars belief. Not many neighbours so the list of suspects was short so I started knocking up the neighbours to see if they had any visitors.

Then the thick plotted. The young man across from us noticed that his new Nissan Navara, which was parked well off the driving line of the lane, had it's offside front wing displaced to such an extent that it popped the front light cluster and even cracked its windscreen. It looked as though we got of lightly which we can confirm this morning.(Touch wood)

Meanwhile back at the scene, the young man reversed down the road and headed off in hot pursuit although by this time the perpetrator ( good work used on all the Police, Camera Progs), had about a 10 minute start. He was looking for a small, black car but he didn't have to go far as the car was parked up on the pavement about 100 yards away having careered backwards across the main road through the village.

Two had run off but the young female driver was wandering about as drunk as a skunk. It took an age before a single manned cop car arrived during which time we tried to keep the young lady on the scene but she escaped over a footbridge with the young copper having to drive back around the village to find her.

The Police did get her but by this time, all our neighbours were out wondering what the commotion was all about. So, what with the copper having to take statements and standing well within 2 metres of us, what with us trying at times to restrain the young woman, what with about 6 of our neighbours wandering about, our isolation lockdown has been blown.

By the way, she blew almost 100 on the breathaliser.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:33 am | Scroll up

RE: That's blown it....

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:30 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.743 Posts

You were still up and opening a bottle of wine at gone 11pm?

Shameful behaviour. The mind boggles.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:38 pm

Yes, it was to be the first night since lockdown that we were not going to partake and we lasted until half way through a recording of an old Frost episode before our spirit broke (pun intended).

Had to drink it at 2am this morning after all the action had died down.

R

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Magpie likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:53 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

At least you didn't use it on your cereal

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:09 pm

What I find remarkable is that the damage to the rear wing of her car, a 2018 small Toyota, where she reversed into the Navarra was only light paint damage yet the Navarra is well and truely *@+&ed.

However the damage to her other rear wing where she grazed our Touran is well damaged yet it looks as though we'll be able to T cut most of the marks off our car.

Randa

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:39 pm
by rutts | 81 Posts

Hi Roger,hell of a tale but glad to hear that your Touran is in only lightly damaged & easily sorted.I can sympathize with the drink at 2 in the morning.Well,it will give you something to do in these times of enforced inactivity.I have lots I would like to do to our van but it is kept a mile away in an enormous open barn together with a mix ov motorhomes,caravans & classic cars so its a no go area at the minute.Take care with the T cut.dave

Skoda Superb 1.8TSI assisting a 2002 420GT
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:45 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.461 Posts

Gordon Bennett, Roger. You don’t do things by halves. Hopefully the marks will T cut out and you avoid going down the insurance route. Also hopefully nobody had the dreaded and your breaking of sanctions will have no effect on you. If I were you I’d open another bottle, shock can be delayed you know

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Eribanut, Randa france and Crystal like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 47 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12531 topics and 105718 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0