Cancelled Campsite Refund.

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu May 07, 2020 10:59 am
by Randa france | 12.890 Posts

Because we had planned a long trip around the UK this year, we decided to pre-book a lot of our campsites. We should have been leaving on Monday next.

After several Emails, we have today received our full deposits back from the three Camping and Caravan Club sites we were due to stay at.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
, Big Al and FINNWOODY like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Cancelled Campsite Refund.

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat May 09, 2020 8:26 pm
by Big Al | 223 Posts

I was due to be in Yorkshire this week, 7 nights in an IBIS exploring the industrial heartland with the good lady. The price I got it at was 'no refunds, no changes'. They called me and canelled early on in the lockdown and gave me a full refund. Always nice to do business with good companies.

1997 Puck pushing a 1970 Morris Minor Traveller, sometimes a Pug 3008
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun May 10, 2020 10:25 pm
by Deraldos Maisonblanc (deleted)

We also had a 3 week trip planned during April. All sites were booked separately with the Camping & Caravan Club. We had a nice phone call from each site manager just prior to the arrival dates offering a full refund or to re-book. This action/option was also transmitted to us during the early stages of the crisis via email and on their website. I have been really impressed with the way the C&CC have conducted themselves, very efficient and informative - certainly living up to their ethos 'The Friendly Club'. Separately, I wish I could say the same for Bannatynes Gym - having paid upfront in February for our annual membership there's no offer of refund other than being notified the membership has been frozen (free of charge!) and all their lines of communication have been removed.

Per Terram - 2017 530 with Skoda Superb
Randa france and campnsnooze like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed May 13, 2020 5:14 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

We have a life outside using the Eriba and we had booked a week in Agadir in Morocco with TUI in the middle of March. I am aware that TUI have come in for a lot of criticism from people about how they have been handling refunds & other things.

However they let us know it was cancelled in plenty of time. They phoned us to try to get us to accept a voucher for future use which we declined. They said we would hear from someone in Finance to confirm arrangements which we did. We were told that we would get a full refund by about 28 working days from then. Last week on the 28th day we received a full refund into our card account.

Considering the stress and pressure they must all be under, with some 8000 redundancies being announced today, I feel that is pretty good customer service.

When all this is all over and we can holiday abroad i would consider using them again MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed May 13, 2020 7:12 pm
by Old Rocker | 496 Posts

We had booked a family holiday to Kefalonia with Jet2, we received an email back in April telling us the holiday was cancelled and that nearer the date 24th May, we would get a call to discuss our options. Sure enough a lovely lady from Jet2 rang last Monday asking if we wanted to re-book our holiday at a later date or take a credit note valid until October 2021. We agreed that nether option was acceptable and that a full refund was required. She promised it would be back with my cards within 10 - 14 days, it was credited within 3 days. We had a holiday last year with Jet2 when our pushchair arrived minus 1 wheel, by the following day our rep appeared with a pushchair, 2nd hand admittedly, which enabled us to enjoy our 2 weeks holiday so for me brilliant customer service now on 2 ocassions

Troll 530, Volvo XC60 2,4 R design

Don't ask me nothing about nothing, I might just tell you the truth
Eribanut and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu May 14, 2020 12:07 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

We have always found customer service from Jet2 to be great as well and usually better than TUI but sometimes they don't go exactly where we want to. The key thing Old Rocker is that you have got your money back. MikeT

Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 16 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105785 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4