Laying Flotex type floor tiles in Troll

in Anything Eriba-related Sat May 23, 2020 5:41 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Hi
Has anyone ever thought of fitting Flotex type floor tiles in their Erba?

We had them on the floor in the kitchen years ago in a previous house and I ended up putting them down in my shed 10 years ago & they are still going strong

Thought they might give us some extra insulation when using the van in winter months.& they are really easy to keep clean. They also look as if they would easily fit under the bathroom door.

They would be a bit fiddly to cut to fit but not impossible.

Am I missing something obvious?

MikeT

Scroll up

RE: Laying Flotex type floor tiles in Troll

in Anything Eriba-related Sat May 23, 2020 8:16 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Mike,
we fitted them in our 2nd marital home back in 1988, I think. Very hard wearing , easy to clean [I dropped a full hot tray of roast potato on the floor] but they are fairly heavy and other floorings offer better options.
Imagine the non slip holey rubber matting you put in drawers and overhead lockers. Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/292894608958?ch...nBoCJ0cQAvD_BwE
We sourced a larger version of this from Lidl/Aldi many years ago and another piece cut to length off the roll in a French home store a couple of years ago. It's wonderful stuff. Easy to cut to shape. Soft and warm to walk on. Any muck falls through the gaps so you can roll flooring back and brush it up as needed, Lightweight,. It cost about euro 7 per metre.

Colin

The following contents have been linked to this post:

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Sat May 23, 2020 8:17 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat May 23, 2020 11:57 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Thanks Colin

I didn't think about the weight - they are very heavy.

Would not of thought of the material you are suggesting. Is it fairly robust? Does it take the daily hammer when you are away for longish periods?

Cheers
Mike

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 24, 2020 8:57 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

You can get floor quality of the above here that's very light and robust.

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 24, 2020 9:54 am
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Mike,
it seems pretty robust. The first piece I got from Aldi/Lidl was a 1500 x 500 bright yellow. This was down for couple of weeks one year, lifted every few days and the floor brushed. When we got home I soaked it in a bucket of warm water with clothes washing machine liquid [I thnk], rinsed it off and it came out like new. Next year it was down for a month in France.
I'd been looking in the UK for it off the roll but no luck. I did find something similar but hideous colours in a caravan accessory shop and not to my likeing I came across a nice greyish verssion in a French garden/diy/builders suppliers and bought 2.2m cut to length. This has been down 4 or 6 weeks not needed washing and still looks good.

Islay,
when things open up for you and you start "normal" life, when you come across it next could you make a note of the name on the dispenser roll so we can attempt to try and trace it again.

Thanks - Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon May 25, 2020 7:44 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Of course.

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
eribaMotters likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 62 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105777 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2