AL Eriba cover mod

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:40 pm
by Threeberries3 (deleted)
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Hi all, bought a AL troll cover a year or two ago, not at the cheap price,....damn, but hey!
Anyway, it’s made in China, of course and not a great fit where the A frame cover meets the main cover with a measly bit of velcro in the middle. To add to that the strap that goes under the A frame is too short, so it pulls the cover away from the A frame and exposes the alum to the winter elements. Thought it was crummy so fitted some snap clips to both and it now fits much better and covers the A frame. Bought the snap clips off eBay.
B6FF6D36-5926-4F21-9FF4-124B141DFAE3.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Colin
Eriba 542 behind a AWD Renault Kadjar

Randa france, Eribanut, scouteralf and Tin Head like this post!
Last edited Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:03 pm | Scroll up

RE: AL Eriba cover mod

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:43 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

hi Colin
Also bought an AL Kampa cover from AL from our Troll. Thought it was a bit iffy when we first unboxed it but it has worked really well.for the last two winters.

However you are right about the poor fitting round the A frame. Not being as technical as you are I solved it with a flat but suitably heavy piece of Lakeland stone that held the two pieces together. This stone was sourced in some very windy Lakeland weather to help hold our Kampa air awning down & was brought home for possible future awning use.

MikeT

PS before anyone wades into me I am not suggesting that AL winter cover owners should start relocating large quantities of the Lakes to their home as a bit of local stone would do just as well.

Scroll up

RE: AL Eriba cover mod

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:09 pm
by Threeberries3 (deleted)

Good idea, my wife says that I fluff about with our van too much, which is true of course. I not really techy either but with 'tinternet' and 'Youtube' nowadays life is so much easier.
Wish I could use the van, ah well, more fluffing!

Colin
Eriba 542 behind a AWD Renault Kadjar
SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 47 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105778 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1