Recommend a hitch lock please

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:04 pm
by RoofRaiser (deleted)

Hi ... probably the first of many newbie questions ..... our newly acquired Triton has an Alko hitch, and our old hitch lock won't fit. Can anyone recommend something suitable which fits, works and is easy to deal with. Many thanks ......

Scroll up

RE: Recommend a hitch lock please

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:50 pm
by Ray Lawrence | 668 Posts

Couple of things to consider.

First, what type of Alko hitch do you have? There is more than one design. It would help to post a photo or google for images of Alko hitch and identify your one.

Secondly, your insurance company might have a view on the standard of hitch lock and wheel clamp to be compliant with your insurance policy.

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual

Last edited Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:54 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:05 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

As above, your insurance company may specify a type/rating. A lot of companies say you must have a wheel and a hitch lock when van is unattended.
The genuine Alko designed for your specific hitch is the ideal solution. Yes it may be the most expensive solution but I've previously sourced them 2nd hand in excellent condition. Some here at attractive prices https://www.gumtree.com/search?search_ca...%20hitch%20lock
If you have to go for a wheel clamp/lock as well, I'd advise the Nemesis Ultra. I went this route after having a Bulldog Euro for many years and find it far easier to fit and lighter to carry around. Again I sourced one second hand. This one is a bargain. https://www.gumtree.com/p/car-part-acces...ock-/1375998732.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Williebraveheart likes this post!
Last edited Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:06 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:19 pm
by RoofRaiser (deleted)

Good point about the insurance. My better half deals with that so I’ll have to ask the question. Then I’ll look found for something serviceable ..... so much to think about.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:48 pm
by Williebraveheart | 351 Posts

The correct Alko model for your van is hard to beat.

Stewart

2019 Troll 535GT Fixed Bed. Mercedes GLA 220d 4Matic
thecolliss likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 61 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105778 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2