Walker Touring Plus awning

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:15 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Hi All,

I was looking at the Walker Touring Plus (again 🙄) recently and was thinking wonder if they have made it any easier to put up. We had one years ago and it was always a great source of stress when setting it up. Do any WTP owners find it stressful or easy, and how long does it take to, well, put it up 😳.

Many thanks, Robbie

Scroll up

RE: Walker Touring Plus awning

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:38 pm
by edwinweb (deleted)

I've just been searching for info on this on the FB page, we are on the verge of ordering one as there are no Kampa Pop Air Pros to be had (we ordered in March but due to lockdown nothing ever arrived). It sounds like the Walker is not really suitable for single campers, it needs two of you at least. We have two older children to help us too and we've been camping for fifteen years with large framed tents so we're hoping it's not beyond us!

Total newbies starting out with a 60th edition Troll 530, two children (14, 12) and a border collie - all advice appreciated!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:57 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.319 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

It would seem that Gloucester Leisure may have the Kampa 365 Pop Air in stock as the advert on e-bay is "make offer" Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2020-Kampa-Po...6oAAOSwt0Fdmwih
You will need a second person to help you with the weight of this awning when feeding it into the track.

I have owned several frame awnings for my different Eriba's. These have been Soplair and Movera. All traditional frame awnings for Eriba's are very similar in design and construction. It is possible with practice for one person to put one of these awnings up, but it is difficult and really best tackled by two, even if the second person does only offer a pair of guiding hands.

Colin

The following contents have been linked to this post:

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:50 am
by GT runner | 291 Posts

We currently have the Vango Hexaway (Low). Which is an air awning and very good - BUT I think the Walker is slightly better material and looks great as a sun canopy. Apparently (according to Mrs W) I am taking this “awning thing” too far.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:57 am
by GT runner | 291 Posts

SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Last edited Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:57 am | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:36 pm
by edwinweb (deleted)

Thank you GT, the Hexaway is still in the running but our initial research led us to believe it wouldn't fit on a standard pitch and we didn't want to have to always be paying for superior/expensive pitches. As you can see, we are complete noobs so we may be wrong on this!

The Isabella looks lovely, but we'd like space for two teens to sleep, plus a dog crate and table to sit around as we have a fixed bed in the Troll.

We're still hunting, so appreciative of this forum!

Diana

Total newbies starting out with a 60th edition Troll 530, two children (14, 12) and a border collie - all advice appreciated!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:34 am
by Bathchap | 51 Posts

#3 above. I have been looking for a a Kampa 365 awning and they seem pretty well sold out, one off the few suppliers with stock seems to be Gloucester Leisure on E Bay but they get poor reviews in terms of delivering goods this year. Has anybody used them?

Last edited Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:47 am | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:13 pm
by Dockmur | 12 Posts

Hi GT runner,

We have a Walker Touring Plus, we are very please with it ,takes about 40 minute to erect now we have a system going. Colour coded poles help.

It’s easier with two people, firstly to pull through the awning rail, and then fix the straps to stop the wind from blowing the awning away over the roof.

We often fit the two sides and leave the front off until it gets a little chilly.

Overall a well made and good looking awning.

John

GT runner and like this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:23 am
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Thanks John. Agreed I think its very well made and good looking too. I really like the open front idea. Robbie

Dockmur likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
6 Members and 15 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12534 topics and 105726 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 6