Buying 2nd Hand familia GT 310

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:44 pm
by wendy roscamp (deleted)

Looking to buy a Familia GT 310 2008 come with lots of extras it’s a private sale for £9000 it was Originally bought in France As we’re newbies to caravans is this a good price for a private sale, probably needs new tyres as nit been used for a couple of years. Any other advice on what to look for would be appreciated
Thankyou

Scroll up

RE: Buying 2nd Hand familia GT 310

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:49 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Wendy, a French van may look attractive on price but the specification could differ greatly from a UK van and have an obvious effect upon price.
Is the van white or silver.
Does it have alloy wheels and a (steel spare)
What is the max weight, 900 or 1050kg.
Sockets will be euro style and not 3 pin UK.
Has it got an anti-snake hitch.
I'm guessing it lacks a battery system.
This little lot could mean £1,500 price difference.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Randa france, FINNWOODY and cruickie like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:39 pm
by Randa france | 12.886 Posts

Hi Wendy. I would say that on the face of it the price seems a bit punchy.

Here's the same age and model, on reserve by Eriba Caravan Sales https://www.eribacaravansales.co.uk/erib...-2008-for-sale/ and although Tony Lloyd is a small dealership he has a good reputation so he would have given the van a good going over. Looking at the pics it does have a battery pack and UK sockets etc.

I would expect a private sale, especially one that has not been in regular use to start at about £8500. 310s are not everyone's favourite Familia as there is no toilet compartment.

In saying that what do I know? I don't wish to put you off if you've got your heart set on it but you could use the Eriba Caravan sales one as a bargaining tool.

With all Eribas the most important thing to look out for is subframe rust. Shouldn't be a problem with a 2008 model yet but it's worth checking it out. See diagram indicated in red.

sub frame.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

FINNWOODY likes this post!
Last edited Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:43 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:54 pm
by JohnE (deleted)

Hi Wendy

As you're new to caravans and it's a private sale I would recommend you arrange for an MCEA mobile engineer to carry out a pre-purchase inspection.
And if by any chance you're in the Chester/Wirral area, call me

Good luck!

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:21 pm

Might be interested how much does an inspection cost please the Eriba is near Warrington

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:31 pm

Thanks for you advice we’ve missed out on this one
Just been told it’s sold.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:28 pm
by Bryn | 994 Posts

We bought a 2008 320 in 2013 when living in France, it was a one owner, had been used for ONE WEEK only, it doesn't have a battery but it has never been a problem as we don't go of grid,it has alloys + a steel spare, as there are only a few sockets the cost to replace is minimal although we have just left French plugs on the kettle etc.
It has modern towing equipment and as you can imagine it was in excellent condition ( and still is) as it has always been undercover, we are now back in the UK with our French Eriba and whilst it doesn't have a battery or motor mover everything else is the same, don't be put off

eribanaut and cruickie like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 59 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105778 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1