Mercedes Eriba Car

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:03 pm
by Randa france | 12.882 Posts

Spotted in the UK today by Wendron.

Mercedes Eribacar..jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

We did have some photos of the same kind of beast already but it has created a stir on our Facebook page and also when I asked the German Facebook Group if they had any more information. Apparently not.

mercedes.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

One canny Eribafolk member Jo K Hammond googled the number plate and came up with this information:-

https://www.handh.co.uk/auction/lot/38-1...lXobFuJ6OYK6Uwc

Thought you'd be interested.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Markeriba likes this post!
Last edited Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:04 pm | Scroll up

RE: Mercedes Eriba Car

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:25 am

Here's another one. Thanks to our friends at Forumeribatouring, This one looks like a "Walk Through"

merc.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:55 am

Just found another one on the French Forum. Although grubby, it looks like a professional coachbuild.

Mercedes Eribacar 01.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Mercedes Eribacar 02.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:44 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.122 Posts

Hi Randa

They look quirky and interesting but it loses the point of why most of us (I guess) buy our Eriba Tourers - that is we use them as a luxury base that we park up on site whilst we explore the area with our cars & bikes.

These look heavier to drive around than a VW Campervan & probably are not as versatile. So other than quirky appeal I don't really get why anyone would want to go to all the bother of ruining a good Eriba caravan...............

MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:49 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.461 Posts

I agree but from the point of view that attaching the Eriba to a vehicle runs the risk of parts for the base vehicle becoming a problem. It’s my biggest issue with motor homes. When we had our garage repair business we had a customer whose motor home failed it’s MOT because of a headlight. The vehicle was 15 years old and the headlight was no longer available. The motor home was off the road for months until we were able to track down a serviceable second hand unit. At least with an Eriba you can get get generic caravan parts as replacements.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:52 pm

Horses for courses I suppose Mike.

I never thought I'd hear myself saying this but since our neighbour trading in his T5 for a larger campervan,(looks larger on the outside that on the inside as it's only a two berth), I can see its benefits for a quick long weekend away.
I still wouldn't wish to take it on our long travels because of the restrictions when on site, mainly no car to take us to the tourist sites, but as for an hour or so up the road to a campsite and just stay with the van, I quite fancy that.

Furthermore, I think a lot of these larger vans are only used as above for the mileage on them secong hand, is ridiculously low.

Randa

Last edited Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:56 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:56 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.461 Posts

Wash your mouth out Roger
I think lockdown has gone to your head, go and stand in the corner and give yourself a stern talking to.

Actually to be honest I can see the attraction too but only for a short break or even just a day out. Far too much hassle to drag the Eriba out for a quick trip to the seaside, even if we were allowed to.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Randa france and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:58 pm

Yes, so sorry Jules. It's the lockdown as you say. Currently I quite fancy a week away in anything at the moment
R x

Julie Grafo and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:25 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.122 Posts

Hi Randa

I take the point you are making to some extent. To have a small campervan type thingy to shoot off for a weekend has some limited attraction.

We still have a Berghaus Air Beam 4 man tent that I can put up the basics of on my own in about 10 minutes. I use it most years for me to camp for a night or two with some old college mates in the Lakes. Thee is a small caravan bit with EHU on the site we use but I would never take the Eriba - they would all try to sleep in it when it rains (and it nearly always rains)

I could see the attraction of a campervan for something like that but the tent only cost about £400 5 years ago and VW Campervans cost a smal fortune.

Also when we were in Angelsey this September I paid particular attention to T6 Campervans as a friend had ordered one. They seemed to be constantly moving stuff around in them unless they had one of those stand alone awnings. It looked a terrible fag and waste of time.

Plus the last time I was in aVW Campervan a lifetime ago on the Isle of Aran it was so underpowered and unreliable that we used to have to get out for it to get up hills. Four of us slept in it and the air was very ripe by the morning.

On reflection give me the Troll everytime.......

MikeT

Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 31 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12538 topics and 105762 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5