Sold Out - Excellent time to buy new?

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:12 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

I've just looked on the UK dealer websites and noticed a distinct lack of vans for sale. Lowdhams have 1 van left. Leisure Vehicles have 4 I think and AutoMotive Leisure stock is also very low.
Caravan Canopies are selling out of canopies and it looks like members are having problems getting some Kampa awnings.
I suppose this is a sign of the marques popularity and supply drying up [on new stock] due to covid.
So if you wanted a new van for next year I'm guessing now would be the time to buy. Stock is low so good used vans should be in demand. We still have some summer left so a dealer should be able to offer you a good price. With a typical lead in time of 6 months on a new van you should be able to get a decent discount as the dealer does not have to buy in a van on spec' as you have paid a deposit that they happily sit on. Add in the collection should fall in this financial year and things are looking good.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Last edited Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:27 pm | Scroll up

RE: Sold Out - Excellent time to buy new?

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:44 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Hi Colin

We had our service on Thursday at ALV and we were stunned when we got there. The place is normally heaving with vans and you struggle getting parked in the compound but not yesterday. The Eriba vans that were there all seemed to have sold signs on them. A couple of blokes who came in the same time as us looking for used vans were really disappointed.

We spoke to Mike the guy in charge and he said they had had an incredible time in sales but he was bemoaning the fact that he had so little used stock. He has sold loads of new vans but the majority were to new Eriba owners who had no part exchange. He is still getting new vans in from Germany, I think he said three more are coming on Wednesday. He is desperate to get some more used stock in & shot off as he was going to look at a used one somewhere local.

You might be right about it being a good time to order a new one.

MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:16 am
by Pozzee (deleted)

Hi we have just ordered a new van and as you say there is nothing around We are going to have to wait some time for ours.

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:23 am
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Sara,
how long are vans built to order taking? Back in June 2017 when I ordered mine it was ready for collection Feb 2018, so 7 months.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:11 pm
by Fish (deleted)

Just ordered a 60ltd 530 or first moving on from trailer tents.. picking up in the weeks.. really excited..😃

eribaMotters and Eribanut like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 61 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105778 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2