Fortex Aronde

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:11 pm
by Pozzee (deleted)

Sorry to raise this again but is there someone out there who knows how much this awning weighs packed up ? We are thinking of getting one and cannot find its approximate weight. Thank you in advance Troll 540

Scroll up

RE: Fortex Aronde

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:43 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

I had a Fortex for my Triton. It did not have the extra front canopy and was a simple enclosed Aronde. I cannot find the original catalogue pdf I saved but I do recall it weighed about 34kg, but cannot remember if this was in the bags or loose. You need to realistically allow 40kg. They are huge.

If you contact F Grunder at info@voortent.net he should be able to give you an exact weight. His English is perfect and on the two occasions I have e-mailed his replies have come back very quickly.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:45 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:50 pm
by Pozzee (deleted)

Thank you Its that one or the Walker touring We have spent hours going through a list of awnings and the Youtube videos of all those short listed and we are looking seriously at either fortex or Walker. Thank you for the information

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:03 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

The two awnings you are considering are very different. The Walker a traditional frame shape whilst the Fortex is a barrel design. Each will take a similar time to errect, although I must admit I could set out our Fortex more quickly than previous traditional frame awnings.
The real differences though are in price, availability second hand and footprint. The Fortex as I said above is huge, but until you actually work it out you do not realise how big the difference is. It is twice the size.
Walker 3.6 x 2.4 = 8.6 m2
Fortex 5.7 x 3 = 17.1 m2
I am biased, I've owned two Fortex awnings and if I needed a large awning it would be at the top of my list. Only you can decide if you need something the size of a barn.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:12 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 62 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105777 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2