Insurance

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:03 pm
by cyclop (deleted)

Hi.I,m in the process of claiming for a caravan window.I,ve filled the claims form in but they now want proof of ownership and a bank statement showing payment for the van.I only have a hand written receipt but have proof of the previous owners address.Proof where the money came from 7 yrs ago?No idea,I,m just not that organised to keep old financial records.So,are they being reasonable?Proof of ownership wasn,t required when they took my premiums for this year and last year.Cheers.

Last edited Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:08 pm | Scroll up

RE: Insurance

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:01 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

I think the requests are unreasonable. They did not ask for proof of ownership when you paid the premiums.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Williebraveheart and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:57 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

You should name and shame the insurer so we know who to avoid in future...

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:02 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

When we had our accident Saga wanted proof of ownership.
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:44 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

I think this boils down to some insurers insisting on CRiS registration, if you are CRiS registered you have already gone though the process of proving that you are the owner and you will be on the data base. All UK built vans are CRiS registered from new, unfortunately foreign built caravans are not unless the owner has gone to the trouble of registering themselves.

https://www.cris.co.uk/registration/

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Last edited Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:51 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:53 am
by cyclop (deleted)

Proving I am the owner....fair enough I suppose but showing a bank statement from 7yrs ago?I bought this van with cash which came from either a savings account or a bank account so all it would show is a withdrawal,hardly proof of how the van was paid for.I,m being very civil at the moment with this company,keeping my powder dry.Watch this space.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:41 pm
by Captain Calamity | 349 Posts

You have the option of referring your case to the financial ombudsman. Sounds dramatic but is actually very easy. I challenged Insure and Go a couple of years back when they tried everything to avoid paying a claim and eventually won - full recompense plus interest at 8%! You might find the threat is enough.
Capn C

Poptop320 likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 62 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105777 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2