'just born' Eriba fanatic and looking for used one...help and advice needed

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:38 pm
by PeterK (deleted)

Help and advice much appreciated...I was weak and stupid and purchased a WWB only 5 months ago.....and then.....and then I saw an Eriba and the scales fell from my eyes!!
I love the damned things!
I am after one that can sleep 2x 5ft11 people with a loo. I have a budget of about 16-18k tops but have dicovered they are a very rare breed....
Should I look overseas or bide my time and keep an eye on UK market?
Also....is this likely to be a passing fad or am I at the start of a lifelong infatuation.
Finally, am I the only person that thinks they look like a spaceship from Flash Gordon? I'm going to call mine 'Ming'.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: 'just born' Eriba fanatic and looking for used one...help and advice needed

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:08 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

Welcome Peter. The market is very lacking in used Eribas at the moment, but your budget should get you a good example once things settle down. I would not rush into buying as the season is now nearing the end so you have time on your side.
I’m guessing you will be sleeping across the van to get max bed length so you want to look for a 2.1m wide Troll. Any 550, 552, 555 will do. If it is a 530 or 540 then you will need a post 2010 van.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:50 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:50 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.464 Posts

Hi Peter, welcome to the Forum. You’ve been bitten by the Eriba bug and there is no cure 😂
I don’t wish to disagree with Colin as he’s very helpful and a font of Eriba knowledge BUT my hubby is just a tad over 6’ and can manage to sleep across our 2008 Troll without any issues so a later van may not be compulsory. Depends how you sleep, if fully stretched out an earlier van may be too snug. Best thing is to try out a few before you commit to a particular model if you can.
Good luck.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:33 pm
by Rickys Rav | 73 Posts

An older 540 would also suit you as rear bed is vast when made up.

Troll 540GT pulled by Volvo XC60 D3 R-design AWD
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:08 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Have a look at paw patrol. The pup called sky has a kennel that transforms into a helicopter that looks just like an eriba. Our little grandson thinks that's very funny.

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:23 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

The Triton 420 may also suit if you don't want to go large with a Troll. It's a two berth with a toilet and the bed is lengthways

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 21 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105785 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0