Small, light, compact simple awning

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:16 pm
by monoboard | 352 Posts

What’s available is constantly changing but not as much for eriba awning rail height apart from adapting van awnings. For an eriba 320 what is the simplest, light, compact awning to put up for a one/two night stop and with out spending a fortune

Scroll up

RE: Small, light, compact simple awning

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:29 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.743 Posts

Something second-hand.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:28 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

What’ about the Isabella Shadow ??. We have just bought one and will be trying it out the coming weekend. For longer stays we use the Vango Hex Away.

monoboard likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:37 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.116 Posts

hi Monoboard

We have just used our newly bought lightweight SunnCamp Swift Verao 260 Low van awning that fits really well on our Troll for 3 nights in a windy West Ayton C & M Club site near Scarborough and it held up well.and looked good. It was quite easy and quick to put up.

It is very lightweight but only cost £159. For the two of us there was plenty of room. We took our Isabella Shadow with us just in case but were happy with the Swift

MikeT

PS I will post some pictures later in the week.

GT runner, Stan Doori and like this post!
Last edited Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:38 am | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:07 am
by Stan Doori | 214 Posts

That Sunncamp awning looks just the thing. On the Sunncamp website it is even shown on an Eriba which earns it extra points! It says there that it's designed to fit into most fitted wind out blinds. I'm not sure if our van has a suitable one. I attach a couple of pictures and wonder if anyone knows. I'm not able to get to the van at the moment. Cheers!Screenshot_20200914-110320_copy_1024x1820.png - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)IMG_20200726_172738887_copy_1024x768.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Thought for the day - hmmm......
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:56 pm
by monoboard | 352 Posts

I already have the shadow but with having had months of lock down i would like to be able to grab a few weekends going in to winter and just have a sheltered space to sit and hang clothes etc. The SunnCamp Swift Verao 260 Low van might just do the job

Last edited Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:57 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:07 pm
by monoboard | 352 Posts

For the experts on here, what length of awning can i get away with on the eriba 320. i'm not next to it otherwise i would measure, the SunnCamp Swift Verao 260 Low van looks interesting but wondered about the next size up?

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:40 pm

Hi Stan

I'm not an expert but looking at your photos I don't think that it would fit in your awning rail because of the brackets that hold your wind out canopy.

It slides right across within the rail and your brackets cover the rail.

Cheers
MikeT

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:11 pm

Hi Monoboard

I am no expert on this in any way but I seem to recall that the next one up from the Swift 260 was 330 and was too long to fit on our 540 troll so would be too long for your 320.

We found that the 260 was a good size for the two of us and bigger than our other AL Porch Awning. We took some photos on site last week but I think they are on my wife's phone and she is out at the minute.. When she is back I will try to post them.

I would stress to you that it is a lightweight awning. We will probably be switching to our Kampa for our next trip to Wales, when we are staying for a week and so it is worth the time erecting the bigger awning.
Cheers
MikeT

Last edited Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:12 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:13 pm

I see what you mean Mike. If I went down that type of awning route I'd have to figure some way of attaching to a retro fitted rail maybe on the canopy housing.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:41 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.310 Posts

I thought a lot of canopies had a 4mm awning track groove in them. The Summcamp has a dual size awning chord so could fit.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Stan Doori likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:31 pm

I'll have a look at ours next time I go to the van. Would be nice to think I can add a quick awning if needed. The Safari room we've got is ok but very heavy.

Last edited Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:32 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:05 pm
by fishcultureman (deleted)

Hi Monoboard.

If it's just for occasional trips going into winter you might want to consider a Sunncamp lodge 200. It has a sewn in groundsheet and fits awning rails up to 240 cm high. It has also a 2 X 2m base with a extra 1 metre tunnel to the van. Anyway, here's a link:

https://www.norwichcamping.co.uk/shop/pr...y-awning-10297/

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:45 pm

Promised photos of awning at Southport. Can't yet locate the ones taken at West Ayton last week

IMG_2432 (2).JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

IMG_2430 (2).JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)IMG_2434 (2).JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Hope these are useful

MikeT

PS The blue tent carpet can be seen in the first photo

monoboard and Stan Doori like this post!
Last edited Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:46 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:39 pm

Does look a great little awning. I checked our canopy the other day and as Colin says above it does have an awning channel on a rail accessed under the cover. Nice to know and thanks for the heads-up. 👍🏼
IMG_20200917_100005152_HDR~2_copy_1560x2080.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 28 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12524 topics and 105667 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3