Wheel arch screws

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:27 pm
by Cee Bee (deleted)

I have a couple of screws missing on the wheels arch - does anyone know what type they are and where I can get some? Failing that are there any suggested alternatives I could use? Thanks

IMG_5275.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

IMG_5279.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

RE: Wheel arch screws

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:10 pm
by highmiler | 367 Posts

I replaced all of mine some years back, I took one out and took it to the local car parts shop and he ordered me some, but now I can't remember where I have put them to give you measurements!!

Highmiler.Troll 530GT and Volvo V70 R AWD
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:57 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.326 Posts

What you have is I believe a pozi drive bugle headed self drilling black passivated screw. I'm guessing it is a 3mm gauge and about 25mm long.
The replacements can be stainless steel [my choice] and do not need to be self drilling as the hole has already been made. E-bay should prove a god start for a small pack as you do not really want to buy a box of 1000.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:35 pm
by JohnE (deleted)
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Hi Cee Bee, I've replaced those wheel arch screws with 3mm (No 4) A2 stainless countersunk raised-head from Werbung: Boltbase on ebay.

They're also a direct replacement for the awning rail screws.

Make sure you use the correct size screwdriver as the small heads can quite easily get chewed - in fact it's well-worth buying a good quality new one.

The following contents have been linked to this post:

Sportique, Doonhamer and cabbie37 like this post!
Last edited Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:40 pm | Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:10 pm
by Cee Bee (deleted)

Thanks all for the info 👍🏻

Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:21 pm
by highmiler | 367 Posts

One thing nobody has mentioned is to put a blob of silkiflex or whatever sealant you use in the hole before you put the new screw in.

Highmiler.Troll 530GT and Volvo V70 R AWD
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:45 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.326 Posts

But NOT silicon.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 57 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105773 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4