RE: Covid Rules

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:35 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.745 Posts

Visiting campsites is no longer pleasant. During our recent Cornish trip we never even saw the site owners and all communication had to be by text or phone.

In the past it has always been a pleasure to meet new people, have a natter and swap site recommendations while doing the washing up etc. but no longer.

I'd rather wait until things improve but deep down I can't see that happening in the near future. Once petty bureaucrats gain power over people, they are very reluctant to relinquish it.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:02 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

Michael and other interested parties,
we visited the area this year and stayed at https://sites.google.com/site/shallowgrange/
If the C&MC site facilities are a concern then Shallow Grange should suit you. The site is half tents and tourers, 1/2 seasonal pitches. The seasonal tended to use own facilities resulting in toilet/shower blocks being lightly used. This was made better by the fact the numbers allowed on site were drastically reduced. We did not have to wait in our 3 days there. Nice big green flat pitches, good views, tv reception good and free wi-fi.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:36 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Hi Everyone

Similar here. We started to get the Troll ready yesterday morning for today's lunchtime short journey to Knaresborough CMC site., but half expecting a move for Lancashire from T2 to T3. We were In our childminding bubble until teatime when we heard that Lancs was moving to T3 at midnight & everything was off.

Immediately got on live chat with CMC agent who was lovely and helpful but confirmed that we must cancel. Phoned site & spoke to warden who was also lovely. She wondered how far Harrogate & Knaresborough might be off being "promoted" a Tier because of being so close to Leeds, with its high rates. I also phoned the local pub that we had booked a meal in for Ks birthday to cancel.

We have that feeling, that I guess others share, of a mix of sadness and frustration, as we were really looking forward to using the Troll for the last time before putting it away for winter. We are unsure if to leave things for the first couple of fortnightly Tier reviews to see if there is any change and we can get away for a final couple of nights, as we have used it in November before (but it was blooming cold at night)

But as others have already said we are still alive and relatively well - we have been extremely careful.. Seeing the chap in his 60s recovering from Covid in the Liverpool Hospital yesterday after being fit & active until he caught it was very sobering.

We are also lucky in that we are in a childcare bubble to look after our daughter's two very young boys after not being able to go near them for 6 months.

Best wishes to all
MikeT

Last edited Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:41 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:43 pm
by Randa france | 12.889 Posts

There appears to be confusion all around doesn't there?

A week or so ago Mark Drakeford, the Welsh First Minister, wrote to Boris asking him to support a ban on travelling from any tier 2 or tier 3 area of the UK ( not just England) to any other area of the UK (not just Wales) where covid was not a problem. He talked about areas like Cornwall and Devon as well as some Welsh tourist hotspots.

He got no written response but he didn't get any support for the motion either. Therefore is it just the good sense and courtesy from you guys and also the C and MC that prevents you from travelling to another area of England when your boss has made no decision on it? (Officially Wales in now locked down and bo****ks to Boris).

Randa
Shouldn't be saying that as its political or is it? Don't think common sense is ever political.

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:47 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:36 pm

Hi Randa

Ribble Valley is semi-rural area and number of infections has been relatively low. However areas round us are all very high eg Preston, Burnley & Pendle. Saw some figure that Preston had 3900 + cases and Ribble valley around 200.

There was apparently a worry that people from other areas on local lockdowne were simply driving the short distance to our area to eat & drink & theoretically spreading the virus and so we were brought into the county lockdown.

The problem is that it has become so confusing nationally that no one seems to know the reality of the situation, except that hospital admissions and and number of deaths seem to be rising everywhere. We know a few people who work at quite a high level in the local NHS and they are very concerned at the immediate situation. For us that is enough to make us very cautious again.

I'm not sure how much of a risk we are in our little vans & awnings keeping ourselves to ourselves, and using the facilities as little as possible, but I guess we have our part to play.

We were in Angelsey a few weeks ago and the precautions that the majority of places had taken made us feel very safe and relaxed.

Strange days
MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:54 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

Up here in Formby, Sefton with our Liverpool postcode I've been trying to find a website where we can see infection rates based on a per 100,000 calculation. I've managed to get one figure, cannot remember how, that gives 102 per 100,000. Sefton is the lowest in the Liverpool area where I have seen figures of 240+ per 100,000. I can understand why we are grouped in as we have a mainline railway running into Liverpool where a lot of folk commute.

One advantage, to me anyway, is how easy it has proved to get a hospital referral. On Tuesday I sent photos off to the doctor of a mole I've been keeping an eye on. On Wednesday I had a call from the surgery saying I'd be contacted by the local hospital within two weeks. Now I thought that was pretty good. Thursday the hospital called and I'm just back from a Saturday afternoon consultation. I've been told expect a call within two weeks to arrange surgery appointment. That is good service.

Colin

ps, re #9 above, I'm now another £2K down. I'm enjoying a scotch before my big pot of home-made chilli tonight.

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:57 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:23 pm

Trust that you enjoyed your chillii and scotch Colin.

Good news about the hospital .

Hopefully when the markets do eventually revive your pension investments will start to recover their value.

Mike

Last edited Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:24 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:41 pm
by Old Rocker | 496 Posts

It's our "local" site only an hour away so have been many times.Yes you have to pick your pitch carefully because of the trees but we normally we go early Jan Feb time as our 1st trip of the year so not so much of a problem.
Leaving the site betwen those times only means that you will have to give way to incoming vans etc.
THE 1 PM still doesn't stop early arrivals queuing at the lane entrance, why do they have to be 1st on site. At least they are prevented from entering the site unlike at most sites which then puts the warden in the dilemma of either letting them book in early or refusing to let them in until the stated arrival time. Personally I'd turn them away
I don't see the problem regarding showers, I usually shower in the morning but after several visits to various CMC sites we adapted. Go for a shower in the evening, get by with a strip wash in the morning, wash up in the van, use the toilet in the van it's there for that reason. Plan your day at this site leave early take a packed lunch or risk eating out, that's obviously a personal choice. Spend a day in the beautiful parkland visit the house ( but nor at the moment) and gardens. Having just added a puppy to our household we spent most of the time with short visits into the park. It was the deer rut and we watched the Red Deer Stags on the hillsides protecting their harem, but what a noise, started about 3 in the afternoon and went on through the night until about 10 next morning. We were also lucky when walking in the park to see 2 Fallow deer stags running close ro us making their way to the river, magnificent animals.
Personally I think the wardens are doing a brilliant job under the circumstances, our friends are the wardens at Blackshaw Moor CMC site, the hours of unpaid work they are putting in to keep sites open is unbelievable . At the Belper site the warden there told me he and his wife are working in excess of 70 hours a week and being paid for 48, it is a 1 couple site!
In these terrible times we have to adapt and make the best of it, it was brought home to us when our neighbours wife sadlydidn't make it out of ICU. he made it out OK.

Troll 530, Volvo XC60 2,4 R design

Don't ask me nothing about nothing, I might just tell you the truth

Last edited Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:45 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 19 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0