My name

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:12 pm
by John Cross | 264 Posts

The sharp eyed among you may have noticed the name Fred at the bottom of my posts, my name is John Frederick. I am known as Fred to my friends and hope to make many friends on here.
Cheers, Fred

Troll 540 Nissan Terrano 3.0 or LR Discovery 1 Fred and Diane
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: My name

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:38 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

I taught secondary school for 35 years, so had many names, some polite. To my mates I've always been known as Motters, as my surname is Motteram and hence my forum name.
If you look at my little photo thing you will see my personal plate, CM07ERS. When retiring I saw this on the DVLA website for £280 and thought sod it, I'll have that as I'm not going to get much closer. MO77ERS is out in 2027 so I might change my plate then.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:12 pm
by Clive795 | 31 Posts

I am just relieved it is your name and you are not someone who feels they need to give a lump of metal a name.
If I need to refer to our Triton it is simply ‘the caravan’ or ‘the Eriba ‘.
I know this will provoke comments.
When I read a post that talks about‘John’ or ‘Joan’ or whatever as the caravan I struggle to take the content seriously.
I don’t mean to offend or upset anyone, it’s just my view.

2017 Triton 430GT
Eribanut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:54 pm
by Suzywong (deleted)

When I joined the forum, I called myself the name I always used when playing games with my Grandson,
I didn’t really factor in that I would meet any members in person, I didn’t know about eribameets !

So I’m a very English Sue

Troll 540 pushing Mazda CX-5
Randa france and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:30 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Hi Clive

We have also never thought of giving our van a name, although we refer to it in the feminine

Living in the Ribble Valley in East Lancashire it is naturally referred to just as Th'Eriba..........................

MikeT

likes this post!
Last edited Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:30 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:33 pm
by John Cross | 264 Posts

I wonder how many have named their vans, we never have with any of our other vans, But these are different, they are more cute and people actually want to talk to you about them.
We have called ours Erica and have bought bunting for her, I do actually really like this little van, are they more cultish, say like the VW camper scene. Plenty of those have names.
I'm sure we will go on a meet up one day and I hope if we see another on a site, that we will have found new friends

Troll 540 Nissan Terrano 3.0 or LR Discovery 1 Fred and Diane
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:55 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

The Van's Betty and my car is Colin so we go away with them. All my cars have had names. For me, it's not just a lump of metal. They represent many things that I treasure such as wonderful memories with my husband and freedom.
Perhaps it's a psychological hangover from having a name that few pronounce properly lol, especially here. I answer to anything 😂

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.

and highmiler like this post!
Last edited Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:56 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:21 pm

I was brought up in Barrow-in-Furness in the 1960s and my nickname was Tads. I left in 1970 to study and never lived there again.

I don't go back much now my parents have passed but it is weird how I still occasionally get old chaps coming up to me and calling me Tads, over 50 years later. Is it a boy thing?

MikeT

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:16 pm
by Skoderiba | 209 Posts

I was born in Leeds which was in the kingdom of Elmet, a British kingdom which existed between the Romans leaving and the Saxons arriving. and is still evident in the names of villages locally eg. Barwick in Elmet, Sherburn in Elmet.
Therefore I am David Prince of Elmet. This has been misconstrued by a well known MP and a major international company I was working for at the time, both of whom put a comma in the wrong place.

Fortibus es in Ero
Randa france, marmite, SOULBLUESMAN68 and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:11 pm
by Skoderiba | 209 Posts

Further to the last posting.
When we lived in Leeds my father went to Leeds College of Art and often went in company of a great friend, Frank Abelson, who lived locally. I have recollections of a knock on the door and my mother calling 'Frank's here' and off they would go to college.
Although Frank was a reasonable artist he chose a career in music and had moderate success as a singer when he changed his name to Vaughan.
By the way, my middle name is Francis.

Fortibus es in Ero

John Cross and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Last edited Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:36 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:23 pm

Memories, memories...............

Frankie Vaughh was my dear long-departed Mam's heartthrob, much to my Dad's disdain. She once persuaded Dad to take her to see him in a cabaret club (!) and she was made up. Seems a lifetime ago............
MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:53 pm
by Old Rocker | 496 Posts

My nickname was Carrots due to the colour of my hair sadly that nickname and colour have long gone

Troll 530, Volvo XC60 2,4 R design

Don't ask me nothing about nothing, I might just tell you the truth
SOULBLUESMAN68 and marmite like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 16 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105785 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3