This may be the future. At least it is a Hymer

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:01 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

Following the impending demise of all petrol and diesel cars in 10 years now.

render_e-caravan_02-comp.png - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

https://www.erwinhymergroup.com/en/press...effs-ehome-coco

https://www.dethleffs.co.uk/service/news...ion-to-reality/

I know I've mentioned it before but my memory is failing.

Steve

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi

Last edited Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:17 pm | Scroll up

RE: This may be the future. At least it is a Hymer

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:25 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.326 Posts

I thought I recall this being previewed about two years ago and since then seen no further developments. I'm guessing this did not take place:-
"The absolute endurance test will take place in the final step, which is to take place in fiscal year 2019/2020: the journey over the Alps."
It really does look like a very promising concept.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:13 am
by Nthurrzzz (deleted)

There are a whole range of issue coming around for electric cars to become universal mass use. Especially if the deadline is in 10 years. The ability to recharge en mass is one of the biggest.
For us, towing is a major issue. There are virtual no cars that are able to tow and the few that can are the most expensive, often have quite low tow weight capacity but the big issue is their driving distance drops from 250 miles to 60 or 70.
This e-caravan dual power idea is very innovative, but you introduce the issue of have things to charge during your journey, the caravan will need it’s own battery and motor capable of 70 miles an hour. The battery which is likely to be huge like an electric car battery which makes up 2 thirds of an electric car price and weight means adding £20k to the price of a caravan and trebling the weight? I can see new MOT, licensing, tow bar and law changes required too.
Great innovative idea, but a long way off mass market. I am all for electric cars - it’s important for our future, but wish I could afford one and that they had solved the towing issue, but governments just stating no petrol or diesel cars will be sold in 10 years before any infrastructure has even been started is crazy never mind the fact most people cannot afford them.

~ N

~ 530 and proud

granddadgrape likes this post!
Last edited Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:15 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:47 am
by eribaMotters | 5.326 Posts

I think the latest dates are no combustion engines only vehicles after 2030 and no hybrids after 2035. So if I bought a new hybrid in 2035 when I will be 75 it would hopefully see me to the end of my caravanning days.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:34 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

All sorted. The simple solution is always the best

maxresdefault.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Randa france and atkinbrown like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 62 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105773 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0