Bulldog Titan Wheel Clamp - taming the beast

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:20 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

After me recently suggesting to Neil (in Spain) that he look at getting a heavy duty Bulldog Titan wheel clamp to solve his security problems, I now realise today why lately I haven't put my own on our Troll for winter storage - it is a beast.

I carefully watched the instructions online from various sources and set out with confidence in the bright Ribble Valley sunshine to do a quick fix on the flash alloy wheel. I should have remembered when I first went to take it from the shed shelf that it weighs almost as much as the Troll and probably more than a Familia 310.

I put on my work gloves and got started about 11.00 full of optimism enhanced by seeing some sun for the first time in weeks. I gathered quite a crowd of passers by curious why I was lying on the floor at the side of the caravan in December. Especially as it drifted into the first hour and they were returning with their dogs from their long walks to see me still lying there. The only difference was my smile and cheery hello had been replaced by grimaces and muttered expletives as I caught my fingers yet again.

Some time shortly before 3 o'clock I finally succeeded. Nearly 4 hours it had taken me!!!!!!!! I had come to the conclusion (that I vaguely remember reaching two years ago) that the Troll and the Titan were not the greatest of bedfellows.

Don't get me wrong it is a great piece of kit and probably more secure than any lightweight clamp but I think I will hesitate before recommending it to anyone else. The thought of trapping my fingers again when I remove it in 2021 doesn't fill me with joy.

We have all heard the saying that "we live and we learn" it probably doesn't apply to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MikeT

marmite and scouteralf like this post!
Last edited Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:23 pm | Scroll up

RE: Bulldog Titan Wheel Clamp - taming the beast

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:55 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

You may as well chain yourself to the Troll

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
SOULBLUESMAN68 and marmite like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:15 pm
by Totoro (deleted)

Good to know that if I get one of these I'll need to invest in some kind of hand protection as well.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:37 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Good job Mike has an uprated axle to take the weight of the wheelclamp, extra large first aid kit and set of chainmail he needs to wear when fitting the clamp.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 55 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105776 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0