DIY Custom RV Build Project.

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:41 am
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

By Waseem Syed. Please read in conjunction with the following linked thread:- His 'n Hers

Part One:-

Part Two:-

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

eribaMotters, Sportique and GrandpaP like this post!
Last edited Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:43 am | Scroll up

RE: DIY Custom RV Build Project.

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:34 am

Garage Envy. Have you seen the garage as shown in the last scenes if video 2. It's bigger and cleaner than our house '
R

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:34 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.460 Posts

Neil has loved watching these, please post more videos for those of us not technically adept enough to understand how to.
Garage plans are inside Neil’s head having seen that one. It’s bigger and tidier than our bungalow too 😂

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:41 am
by Kam | 139 Posts

This is my ideal Christmas viewing. I look forward to the next episode!

...and that garage is amazing.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:16 am
by eribaMotters | 5.315 Posts

I've also got a serious case of garage envy. Mine's 10 x 5.5m and it's the only time I've ever been able to say I've got a big one.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:38 pm

Today Waseem posted another video on Facebook to show the progress he is making with building his perfect Eriba. Unfortunately we can't share the video yet but Waseem will soon be bringing his YouTube postings up to date.

Here's what he has to say:-

Hi all
Though I’ve been on the group since last year, I think a reintroduction is in order
I am from Toronto, Canada and last year, I bought a bare Hymer Touring GT 540 Fiberglass shell with the intention of building a travel trailer myself. As a bit of background, my travel trailer is based on an Eriba. Erwin Hymer set up a plant in Canada in 2019 to manufacture a replica of Eribas but went bankrupt, auctioned off all their stock, and thats how these bare shells and all other parts and accessories ended up scattered all over Ontario. We formed a group here and quite a few of us are building our own trailers off these parts.
This video is just a very brief peak at where my build is, one year on.
I have documented the start of my project on my Youtube channel but then got so overwhelmed by the project, I recorded it, but have'nt been able to post any videos. Now … I plan to do that over the coming few months.

Here are some stills I have taken from the 3 minute video.

waseem 01.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)waseem 02.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)waseem 03.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

waseem 04.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)waseem 05.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

waseem 06.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)waseem 07.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Last edited Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:40 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:57 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

Interesting colour - l would have picked something less green, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.it would be interesting to see how much it weighs once it is finished.

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:30 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

Here's a copy of Waseem's video for our members who do not use Facebook

Steve

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Randa france, John Cross and Sportique like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:20 pm

Waseem's on a three month road trip on Route 66.

This is what he has to say on facebook:-

Waseem Syed

· Hi 👋🏼 from Canada (currently Colorado, US)

For those in the group who are unfamiliar - Vincent is my self-built fiberglass Eriba clone 😊 and I am currently on a three month long road-trip along Route 66 in the US.

The “Eriba” has surpassed my every expectation. I built with the intention for it to be a self sustained totally off-grid live aboard kind of vessel, and it had delivered on every front. The solar has kept me going even for three consecutive pouring rainy days, the Truma Combi keeps it toasty, I love my hot showers in the morning, and its been rock solid on the road. I never camp at sites, always off grid. Its called boondocking in the US 😊

waseem.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:54 pm

Another report from Waseem. He is thinking of bringing his van to the UK next year.

Waseem.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:56 pm

Waseem has just posted this on Eribafolk Facebook:-

Waseem Syed

Hi from Canada 🇨🇦
Just came back from a 52 day tour of Atlantic Canada (Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island & Newfoundland). Wild camped ( we call it boondocking here in North America) all 52 nights along some of the most epic landscapes in Canada.
Put Atlantic Canada, especially Newfoundland on your bucket list. You wont be disappointed 👍🏼

I've copied a few of the photos he published and have added a map showing the Provinces he visited.

waseem map.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

waseem 03.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)waseem 02.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)waseem 01.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

dinky likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 20 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105700 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2