Help! Yes, I’m sorry it’s tyre pressure related!

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:42 am
by Jill Walton (deleted)

Morning! I need some help! I’m finally bringing my 1994 familia 310 out of temporary storage, where’s she’s been pretty much since I bought her in August. I’ve never had to inflate her tyres and I need to let the kind people at the storage know what to inflate them to. I’ll be honest I have no idea! She’s got a few bits in her, chairs, porta potti, table etc, so I’d say is fairly laden. I do t have the manual with me and I’m a new to Eriba owner. Sorry to sound so rubbish, but I could really do with some practical ‘do this’ advice. Hoping you can help.

Scroll up

RE: Help! Yes, I’m sorry it’s tyre pressure related!

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:12 am
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Jill,
print off the attached and keep it in your van. The tyres are probably normal car tyres .I'm guessing 165/80 R13 83. These would run at 35psi.

Colin

Attachment:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
caravan tyres document_tyresafe.pdf caravan tyres document_tyresafe.pdf

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Randa france, Shady Pines, Dalbur2 and like this post!
Last edited Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:02 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:33 am
by Captain Calamity | 349 Posts

Lots of comment on tyre pressures previously on this forum. I researched it and quizzed Hymer Travelworld in Stafford (very trustworthy and professional).
As a result keep my 2017 Triton 420 tyres at 48 psi.

Kevin

Dalbur2 and atkinbrown like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:52 am
by Randa france | 12.885 Posts

Jill. I agree with Colin. if you initially inflate them to 35psi to get the van out of storage that should be fine.
When you get her home have a look to confirm the tyre size and equally important, the max. tyre pressure that manufacturer recommends.

When we first took ownership of our Troll second hand the dealer had put new tyres on her. Hymer recommended a pressure of 44 psi but soon afer I noticed that the tyres the dealer had fitted, although the correct size, load rating and speed rating, only had a maximimum inflation guarantee of 38psi

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:03 pm
by Jill Walton (deleted)

Thank you so much! It’s not a long journey from storage to my new house thankfully, but trying to understand all the technical language is a bit baffling to be honest and I can’t see the tyres etc. Thank you so much.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:27 pm
by Randa france | 12.885 Posts

Post again when you get her home
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:30 pm
by Captain Calamity | 349 Posts

More research. Our van has 185 R14 C 102 tyres which should be inflated to 52 psi if we are carrying our max payload. We have the upgraded chassis and do not get to maximum weights so I’ll stick with 48 psi as recommended by friends at Travelworld.
The seemingly high tyre pressure is explained by the “C” in the tyre code which indicates a commercial standard tyre.

Dalbur2 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:16 am
by Just_Chilin (deleted)

Here is a tyre pressure chart from my Troll 530 if its of any use:)

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 Troll Tyre Pressures.jpg 

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:20 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Captain and Just_Chilin, that ties up perfectly. My 1200kg Triton runs on 185 R14 C 102. These are set to 48 psi, as set by Lowdhams when serviced.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 50 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105776 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1