Finding suitable sites

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:23 pm
by Valjoneribafan (deleted)

Have spent most of the past 3. days trying to book 2 weeks away in June, very frustrating, very few sites with more than a couple of days together, all weekends seem to be booked up. I also came across one site wouldn’t accept continental caravans and one that insists the van has to be reversed in as a fire precaution? Now am in position of having 3 sites booked and having to find somewhere for 1 night in the middle of what has become 3 weeks. Best of luck fellow Eribarists.

Randa france, Markeriba and campnsnooze like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Finding suitable sites

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:34 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.318 Posts

What is the specific date and location you are looking for. I'm guessing you have looked at the likes of C&MC but have you tried UKCampsite. If no children with you then use the filter system to find adults only sites you may have some luck. I have in the past found they seem to be more accessible when things are busy.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:57 am
by Valjoneribafan (deleted)

Yes Colin, tried them all. Seems a lot of sites are reducing the number of pitches they are opening to be able to deal with the amount of cleaning.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:41 pm
by marmite | 400 Posts

We are still happy to repeat our offer of a staycation at our home to our Eriba family for a couple of nights hookup and water plus chem disposal all available without having to come into contact with us at all if you so desire.

Admittedly our front garden/drive is not what one would normally expect for a pitch but you can see Win Hill from the drive and there is a pub in the village.

pm for bookings

Denise & Phil

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:43 pm
by Captain Calamity | 346 Posts

I’ve had success booking sites in Scotland recently for June July and August. Don’t believe the prophets of doom about the weather. The sun does shine from time to time and the scenery will always make up for it. Aim for coastal sites in June and July (less midges). We recently booked Edinburgh, Stonehaven, Dingwall, Dunnet Bay, Durness, Ullapool, Glenmore and Scone without any problem.
Good luck.
Capn C

SOULBLUESMAN68 and FINNWOODY like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:45 am
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

Dunnet Bay is a very nice site
Is the Ullapool one the campsite in the town?
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:07 pm
by Captain Calamity | 346 Posts

I was a bit worried about some iffy reviews of the town site so we opted for Ardmair Point site which is a few miles away. it has an Alan Rodgers recommendation and the cafe on site does breakfast! Will be posting some reviews as we go.
Have you been to Sango Sands campsite (Durness). Looking forward to that one. Pub and restaurant on site!
Kevin

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:14 pm
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

Hi Kevin. No not been to the Durness site. That's next to Loch 'Orrible isn't it?

The "in town" Ullapool site was a bit iffy but on the better side if you know what I mean. Obviously very handy for "town" which is only one street to be honest and some good views of the ferries coming in. That is until the b****dy huge campervans roll in at dusk and park between the caravans and the view That's the same story for many Scottish sites. When you pitch up allow yourself some elbow room.
Toilets were not great but passible.

The site up the road looked nice. Right alongside the shoreline.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:18 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:29 pm
by Ralph79 | 162 Posts

Has anyone had any experience of Bay Ness Farm, Robin Hoods Bay.

The site looks very nice, but I just had an interesting email exchange with them whilst trying to arrange a booking for July. After fixing a date they sent me a paypal invoice, complete with a large copy of their cancellation policy that stated they could cancel at any time, but any cancellations from us within 28 days of the stay would result in no refund and outside of 28 days would result in credit for an alternative booking date.

I asked if we could cancel within 28 days should there be a further Covid lockdown and my invoice was immediately cancelled!

Ralph

Last edited Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:42 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 52 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12531 topics and 105718 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2