Caravan insurance

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:14 am
by monoboard | 352 Posts

It’s that time of year again when insurance needs renewal. I wonder is there such a thing as an average renewal cost? Mine has been with caravan guard, don’t know if there any better but at the time when I bought my caravan I read quite a few comments online from people on various different insurance companies. Some were awful but just wondered if anyone has any good recommendations. I suppose you only find out how good your insurance is in the event of accident and how they handle it.

Scroll up

RE: Caravan insurance

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:14 am
by eribaMotters | 5.318 Posts

I think this is the most up to date thread, of particular reference to newer vans where insurance restrictions are obviously stiffer:-
Insurance 2021-2022, particularly newer vans

As regards paying out, I know a few members have been unfortunate enough to make claims. I think with one recent exception the C&MC have been about the best , but they are very expensive.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:57 am
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

When we had our accident in Italy SAGA came through trumps, the van was a write off and we had the money for another van in 6 weeks with only a 10 min debate on the value with their assessors [ which I won ].
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:48 am
by Julie Grafo | 3.461 Posts

Ditto, our van was written off. Saga paid out full insured value with minimal haggling and very quickly. They never even saw the van, it was wrecked in Germany.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 38 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12531 topics and 105718 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0