Leisure battery replacement

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:33 pm
by tanky1 (deleted)

We have a Dutch import triton which came with a Reich mover, however the Leisure battery has given up and I was wondering which battery would be a most suitable replacement. We tend to go for hook up sites.
I do know that a mover needs a bit more umf possibly 100 amp in the short term.

We also have a power inverter and not being great on electrics do i also need type of charger.
Does the power from a site travel through the inverter first and does it charge the battery.

chris

Scroll up

RE: Leisure battery replacement

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:33 pm
by Ray Lawrence | 668 Posts

It's hard to tell what sort of existing electrical arrangement you have as there are many variations. Since a battery was fitted for the mover than it is likely that you have a battery charger already which works from electric hookup at least. Maybe post some photos of what you have lurking under the seats for more help.

An inverter is quite the opposite to a battery charger. The charger converts 230Vac to 12Vdc (your battery) whereas an inverter converts 12Vdc to 230Vac to power small mains operated devices for when you are camping off grid without hook up. Typical use would be to charge a laptop, run a TV etc. No good for kettles or washing machines!

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:34 pm
by Just_Chilin (deleted)

This is the battery supplied with my 530 with a Reich motor mover

Varta Professional Dual Purpose LA95 AGM 95Ah Battery 840095085 95 AH

If your van has an inbuilt charger it takes site mains voltage and charges the battery automatically: no need for an inverter (the inverter creates ac from the battery which the mains hook up is supplying directly)

If you do have an existing inverter it will be providing ac separate to any site provided ac power.

Sounds like you just have a 12v system that is providing the vans own ac power via an onboard inverter.

This needs to have checked professionally if you are not sure before replacing anything other than an existing battery.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:19 pm
by tanky1 (deleted)

thanks Ray, I will put some pics on asp.
I understand now and I'm keen to get to understand these electric systems.

chris

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:22 pm
by tanky1 (deleted)

thats great, I have a Reich mover so you battery looks good. thanks for the information.

chris

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon May 03, 2021 2:55 pm
by tanky1 (deleted)

thank you all, here are my Triton 420 electric bits

BIP.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Last edited Mon May 03, 2021 3:03 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon May 03, 2021 3:19 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.011 Posts

If you're just replacing a battery there's really nothing to do bar buy another one and fit it. Unless you're going off grid and need to produce mains power from the battery you can just forget the inverter. Using them is a sure way to cane a battery as is leaving it uncharged in winter, especially when it freezes. If you can, the best way to care for a battery in the cold months is to remove it from the van and put it on a smart charger in the garage. This will detect and keep the battery in optimum condition, only charging when necessary.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 50 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105773 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3