wigo sun shade

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:35 pm
by scouteralf | 114 Posts

Hi folks,
I know their is a lot of info on this subject in the search engine but none of it seem to fit what i have.
Wigo Zelti came with our new to us Troll along with a Kampa air awning.
we have tried the awning and found it awkward to put up so we want to use the sun shade but cannot try to fit it as there is not enough room on our drive. the confusion come when we open the bag of poles and find three set of pole all the same length when unfolded and two sets of slightly smaller pole that are slightly smaller.
All pictures i have found of this sunshade look to have only one set of poles at the front end.
Have I got extra poles or can you purchase extra piece for the canopy say to make it into a awning?
as i understand it is no longer available to purchase.
look forward to your comment as i am sure someone will know. This is the font of all Knowledge re Eriba stuff

troll 530GT pushing Kia sportage awd
Scroll up

RE: wigo sun shade

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:01 pm
by Randa france | 12.865 Posts

Hi Alf.

Way back in 2012 on a campsite in Spa Belgium, we came across what we thought to be a Wigo with sides and I suspect that your three straight poles may be roof poles;to hang the sides; 1 x ridge pole and 2 x eaves poles.

These are the photos I took at the time:-

belgium 01.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)belgium 02.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)belgium 03.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:38 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:45 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.300 Posts

I believe it was also marketed as the Vision, so this may help:-
https://www.caravancanopyshop.co.uk/coll...ies-and-awnings

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:52 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.741 Posts

Is it like this?

Wigo sunshade.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

One set of poles goes through the front pocket to form the arch and the others support the roof between caravan and arch, the centre one being bent to raise the height.

I'm sure I have the assembly instructions somewhere if you need them.

This shows it erected better on site after a bit of practice.

Wigo sunshade01.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

Last edited Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:58 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:31 pm
by scouteralf | 114 Posts

my canvas has a clear section like a window. i will have to open it fully on the lawn and look at it properly. The pics of the vision just show two tone solid colours of canvas..
three set of pole are 12mm thick and about 14ft long also two sets of pole 10mm thick and about 13foot long
cheers for the info.

troll 530GT pushing Kia sportage awd
Scroll up

Visitors
8 Members and 26 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12516 topics and 105599 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 8