Walker Touring Plus Awning

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed May 12, 2021 10:31 am
by Adeana Whittle (deleted)

Hello everyone

John and I have just taken delivery of "Ruby" of our new Eriba 542. Very excited to go touring in her. Does anyone use a Walker Touring Plus awning. We ask as we are not sure what to buy at the moment. Have looked at Vortex and Isabella and now Walker. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Adeana & John

Scroll up

RE: Walker Touring Plus Awning

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed May 12, 2021 4:36 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

We have a Walker and find it very good, alloy poles are fairly light, the canvas is of a very high quality and fits the frame well [ we have never had pooling on the roof in heavy rain, it takes about 40 min to put up and peg out once you've had a bit of practice
P1070766 (2).JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
we also have a blow up for short stops.
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed May 12, 2021 7:06 pm
by Pete Marchant (deleted)

We've not long bought one second hand for our 2007 Troll 540. I believe it's a pre 2020 model as it has the 'curved' side window panels. It is in excellent condition. Build quality is brilliant and putting it up very straightforward. I understand from Walker themselves that the pre 2020 models will not work with a bedroom annexe which is a pity but on the other hand the 2020 model has square side panels which I'm sure are more functional but just don't look as groovy :-).(Don't let that stop you!)

Considered the more fluid designs of the Unico Bologna but didn't fancy the £2.4k price tag for the full version. Having said that, there appears to be one in the For Sale section for around £600ish. Personally wouldn't bother with the Kampa and found the Isabella too expensive and too staid for our liking, though no doubt well made as usual.

So, the Walker seemed a bit of an obvious place for us to end up and we're very pleased with it. Still wondering how we're going to get a bedroom annexe sorted and we're also looking into the porch that you can stick on the front which will make the whole thing vast!

NB Technically, the Walker might be made for post 2010 awning rails which I believe are about 100mm higher than the rail on the 2007 models(?). It didn't seem to cause any problems. Our one and only gripe was the awning skirt - all good with the cut-out for the Troll's step etc., but weirdly, it didn't run the full length of the van, stopping short by about 40cm. Odd.

Good luck and enjoy!

IMG_2111 (1).jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Last edited Wed May 12, 2021 7:13 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed May 12, 2021 7:42 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

NB Technically, the Walker might be made for post 2010 awning rails which I believe are about 100mm higher than the rail on the 2007 models(?). It didn't seem to cause any problems. Our one and only gripe was the awning skirt - all good with the cut-out for the Troll's step etc., but weirdly, it didn't run the full length of the van, stopping short by about 40cm.

They make them in two different heights one for pre 2010 and one for after

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.

and cruickie like this post!
Last edited Wed May 12, 2021 7:44 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu May 13, 2021 11:07 am
by Pete Marchant (deleted)

That's very good to know. I'd love to know the original age of our awning but responses to our emails with Walker themselves on whether ours was pre 2020 or post were terse to the point of comedic! :-) The idea that we could find out whether it was made for pre or post 2010 vans could be a bit of a mission!

Brilliant awnings nonetheless.

Last edited Thu May 13, 2021 11:09 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu May 13, 2021 11:21 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.007 Posts

I assume one would have 4ins (approx) taller sides than the other, but for that you need to know what one or the other actually measures. You'd think there'd be a label tag with details like model number and care symbols etc. Like 'do not tumble dry'

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri May 28, 2021 4:40 pm
by Just_Chilin (deleted)

When new, the skirt is supplied with a template for users to cut to length depending on what size eriba they have ....

Skirt.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat May 29, 2021 4:13 pm
by AlanC | 93 Posts

We damaged a couple of poles on our Walker Awning last weekend and I emailed Walker on Tuesday this week. They replied a couple of hours later and advise we contact a UK dealer as they don't sell direct to customers apparently.

The company they mentioned was Jeff Bowen Awnings who are in Pembroke.
Email:jeff@bowenawnings.co.uk

They did not respond quickly to my mail but were very helpful over the phone. I am now waiting for costings and availability.

Alan

Liz and Alan
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat May 29, 2021 5:11 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.319 Posts

Are the poles compatible with Isabella as you could save yourself some time and money. Lots 2nd hand available on e-bay.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
scouteralf and cruickie like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:52 pm
by AlanC | 93 Posts

As it turns out the parts are in stock in the UK with Jeff Bowen so we have ordered these.

Alan

Liz and Alan
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:31 pm
by Just_Chilin (deleted)

deleted

Last edited Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:41 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 58 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12532 topics and 105722 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2