Towbar hire options

in We've got it down to a T Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:48 pm
by Deanzilla (deleted)

Hi.

Does anyone on here hire a car to tow? I'm finding it hard here (in Sussex) to find any options.

Eriba puck L 230, 690kg so nothing too juicy needed.

Happy weekend community. I hope lots of you are out in yr vans enjoying the countryside.

DG

Scroll up

RE: Towbar hire options

in We've got it down to a T Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:02 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.001 Posts

I had reason to hire a towcar a couple of years ago.

A local chain 'Afford Rent a Car', told me they had tow vehicles. It turned out to be a large US Ford pick up. When I collected it, despite assurances, I found that the electrics were just single 7 pin, whereas my caravan had 13 pin> So I called in at a nearby Halfords who luckily had a converter lead in stock. It annoyed me at the time because I've not had to use the converter ever since.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:46 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Out of curiosity, I had a look to see what would be available here in France and a website says that it's possible, ask companies well in advance, or another possibility is to see if private rentals are possible - are there websites offering one-to-one rentals in GB? Or could you car swap with someone in your family?

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:26 pm
by PooleDweller | 753 Posts

Try hiring a Land River. I did many moons ago to tow a caravan I was also renting. So rented Land Rover, rented caravan, one week holiday. You may have to travel some distance to rent one! Happy looking

2015 Eriba Triton 430GT pushing a 2011 VW Golf Estate DSG 2L Diesel
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 73 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105649 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3