Triton 410 weigh in

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:19 pm
by JefL | 95 Posts

For those that are interested I weighed our 2016 410 on return from Shropshire last week with the following results;-

Jockey wheel 35kg
Left wheel 510kg
Right wheel 544kg
All up weight 1089kg

This with:-
2 x 4.5kg Calor propane, one half full, one full
Spare wheel
Fitted Reich Easydriver Pro
Caravanstore 310
Truma therme water heater (empty)
two Brunner folding chairs, aquaroll, 35l waste tank (empty)
Clothes for two for a week plus bedding
Most of the food had been eaten but tea, coffee biscuits and all the other odds and ends still aboard.
Cadac safari chef
porta potti 225
loo tent, windbreak, aluminium folding table, side screen for caravanstore, kettle, toaster, nesspresso machine, various tools and bits and bobs

We don't carry the Eriba table, it weighs a ton and the between beds cupboard has been confined to the loft too, but we did remove the top and use it as a coffee table with a single leg to the locker beneath.

The awning (pop-air 340) usually travels in the car. So we have a useful 111kg of payload spare if we need it, probably only 80kg by the time food is aboard. (we have the 1200kg axle, well worth it for peace of mind).

So there we have it. We would have been struggling with the standard 1000kg axle and probably wouldn't have been able to have the mover fitted.
Hope this information may be of use to someone.

Jef

Jef
Freelander 2 and Big Ben, the 410
Scroll up

RE: Triton 410 weigh in

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:54 pm
by mr_underhill | 688 Posts

I had my 1990 Puck loaded ready to go and went to my local weighbridge..It came in at 600kg..on the button.

Tardis II , Eriba Puck 1990 pushing a Fiat 500 Colour Therapy, Twin Air Turbo.
One man and his dog.. retired 🐶
Scroll up

RE: Triton 410 weigh in

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:23 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.007 Posts

The empty weight of a 2016 410 is supposed to be 740kg and the MIRO, which allows for two gas cylinders, is 770kg.

So the actual payload in/on Jef's van was 349kg. With the 1200kg upgrade the van can take up to 460kg. If it hadn't been upgraded the maximum payload would have been 260kg.

It does rather put the 120kg standard payload of some early 2000 Touring models into perspective.

We reckon our personal payload, leaving aside any options and bits that have been fitted to a van, is about 110kg. Those options and bits can easily weigh 150kg though.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 15 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12534 topics and 105727 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0