Chassis diagram (Troll 540 2002)

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:04 pm
by cabbie37 | 644 Posts

As you may have noticed if you have been following the 'Replacement Axle' thread, I have to supply Al-ko with measurement of the drawbar on my van. I would like to do this by marking up a chassis diagram for accuracy of interpretation.

Can someone point me at an appropriate chassis diagram please? I've had a look throught the various brochures etc, but not found anything yet..

tia..

Hugh

Scroll up

RE: Chassis diagram (Troll 540 2002)

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:14 pm
by JohnE (deleted)

Hugh, can't you just send Al-Ko a photo of the drawbar's ident plate?

This will allow them to call up their own drawing set which will detail all the dimensions they need.

Edit: I note from your other thread the drawbar is type 161S which is fitted to many vans.

Last edited Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:20 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:35 pm
by cabbie37 | 644 Posts

Thanks, John. I did hope that those stampings etc would give them what they wanted, but I will go over (or should it be go under) to the van this afternoon and measure it up.

"We also need the dimension of the free drawbar length (center of the ball of the coupling up to the 1st attachment point of the structure)."

I *guess* they are asking for the length of the drawbar to the point where it meets the axle beam but I will also supply measurements to the point where it first touches the outer edge of the chassis underframe

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:38 pm
by JefL | 95 Posts

I suspect, from the use of the word structure, they mean the distance to the point where the bodywork starts. Their records will tell them the distance from the ball to the axle, the point where the body starts is beyond their control as that is determined by what the builder puts on their chassis. It will probably be about bending moments on the part of the drawbar poking out the front of the caravan ie the bit outside the weight carrying area.
Just guessing mind
Jef

Jef
Freelander 2 and Big Ben, the 410
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:57 pm
by cabbie37 | 644 Posts

A reasonable guess, Jef. I have taken 3 measurements this afternoon. 1 to the leading edge of the superstructure, 1 to the first point where it is bolted to the van chassis and then, finally, 1 to the point where it bolts to the axle - ie, the total length of the drawbar. Hopefully, one of those will be the one required...

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:12 pm
by JefL | 95 Posts

Well you seem to have covered all the bases there.
Let's hope they can do their bit as efficiently.....

Jef
Freelander 2 and Big Ben, the 410
Scroll up

Visitors
9 Members and 23 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 9