First time out in our new Eriba 420

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:48 pm
by Leighther (deleted)

Just back from our first ever trip in a caravan, and it's an Eriba Triton 420 GT. Delemere Forest from Monday night to Friday Morning. We both loved it, Jean the wife and I.
Met Phil and Jenny on the Monday also in a 420, they were very pleasant to us and we had a nice talk about all things Eriba related, are all Eriba Folk so nice and welcoming?
Jeans, bottom is closer to the floor so she can walk around inside quite easily, whereas me being six foot, I walked into the Poptop edge the first day, saw stars as well as loosing skin and blood from my bald head. I'm reliably told by four nice ladies we met on Thursday, also with a couple of Eriba's, that its known as an Eriba Kiss. "An Eriba kiss" . I think she fell in love with me because not only did she kiss me twice on Monday but every day until we left, talk about "you can't teach an old dog new tricks". That's my first job when home (see picture below).
We got our Eriba from Red Lion at Southport thanks to Colin on this forum spotting it, there's a couple of things missing from the buying spec (not Red Lions fault) but Hymer's for dispatching it without proper quality control (probably down to Covid and reduced personnel) first was the outside locker door for access below the bed, I particularly miss this as it means lifting the bed every time I want to access this. The other is the entry way fly screen, all the wooden surround and screws are there but no screen. I made a screen door for there to keep our much loved dog safe and secure without him having to be on a lead all the time (see picture below). It was great for Toby, not so for Jean as it let in the Delemere mosquitoes that proceeded to feed on Jean during the nights (and left me alone). Jean's blood group is so tasty for them whereas mine must be insipid. So there's me walking round like a casualty from a head butting contest and Jean looking like she's got Chicken Pox.
Anyway none of this has detered us from carrying on, we'll be out again soon. Just one other thing, when set up we have my coffee machine on the front counter as well as a toaster and a kettle both low amp, then when its dinner time an induction hob, and overnight a portable freezer (12volt had it next to my bed the first night, kept me awake till 12:30am with it kicking in every 5 minutes, so eventually moved it to the counter till morning). All of which involved reaching round the corner to unplug one appliance to plug in another. We were quoted £80 to install another 240v socket, so being a person who counts his pennies (no I'm not a Yorkshire man or a Scotsman I'm Cumbrian now adopted into Lancashire), I fitted an extention that had been lying around in my workshop for years. See photos below. I'm not worried about overloading the circuit as there will only ever be one, or two at the most appliances on at once, but this will keep the cables neat and accesible.
Sorry for the length of the post, we're just so pleased to come through our first trip relatively unscathed.

CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE

PSX_20210618_161651.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
PSX_20210618_161824.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
PSX_20210618_161147.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
PSX_20210618_161908.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
PSX_20210618_161939.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Last edited Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:33 am | Scroll up

RE: First time out in our new Eriba 420

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:35 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.001 Posts

Congrats on your first trip.

I'd be concerned about dragging around so much electrical gear as just a few of those together will blow most site's bollard circuit breakers as well as using up payload.

http://eribaliving.blogspot.com/2011/10/...ba-touring.html

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG

Last edited Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:39 pm | Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:56 pm
by Leighther (deleted)

Hi Steamdrivenandy
Had the same electricals in our two previous campervans, had no problems in the last five years. Tended to only go to the two big club sites though, none of the bollards tripped even at the Brickhouse site which is reportadly only 10amp.

Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:27 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.310 Posts

Good to hear you have got away and most things OK. I'd push Red Lion to get a flyscreen from Hymer as it is standard on a GT spec.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:51 pm
by Leighther (deleted)

Yes have done. Just waiting for delivery before going back to Red Lion to fit.

Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:18 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.001 Posts

And the exterior locker door is also part of the GT Pack.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
eribaMotters likes this post!
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:05 am
by Julie Grafo | 3.460 Posts

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:36 am
by Leighther (deleted)

Yes both the external door & fly screen are on order.

Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:14 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:31 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.608 Posts

I am glad you had a great time in the Eriba, the flyscreen and locker door is only a minor set back, at least it's going to get sorted..

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 15 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105666 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4