matress toppers

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:19 pm
by Totoro (deleted)

Hi again,
Our 418 came with a fixed double bed measuring 140 X 188. I have found it to be too firm and it's exasperating my back problems. I want to invest in a viscoelastic topper, but the measurements aren't standard and on top of that the curved corners of the caravan complicate things further. I wondered if anyone had any suggestions.
Thanks. Neil

Scroll up

RE: matress toppers

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:53 pm
by Tin Head | 49 Posts

We have a 542 and we purchased mattress toppers and fitted sheets from Freedomis.co.uk 02476684400 I believe they also trade as Snuglux , our beds not being a ‘ normal shape ‘ they made up the sheets and toppers to pattern and they fit perfectly and are very comfortable
Not the cheapest but extremely helpful in our requests and worth every Penny.
Martin

Martin & Jackie, Skoda Octavia Scout and our 542GT 60th Edition 2018.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:03 pm
by Totoro (deleted)

Thanks Martin. Where did you get the pattern for the bed?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:09 pm
by Tin Head | 49 Posts

Sorry bit confusing I was put onto them by another Eriba owner and when I called he already had the dimensions of the 542 so it was pretty straight forward however he did say they could make to any shape.
Hope that helps
Regards Martin

Martin & Jackie, Skoda Octavia Scout and our 542GT 60th Edition 2018.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:03 pm
by Terryc | 104 Posts

We have tried a few best one Zonesleep

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:05 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

Do you need to go to the extent of a made to measure?
In 2007? I bought a 50mm topper from IKEA. I unzipped the cover, cut the foam to size and re-fitted it. In use I tuck the extra material from the curve area under. This is comfortable, cost effective and easy to clean.
For fitted tailor made sheets how would they work. Are you fitting around the topper or the topper and mattress below?. We use a small double fitted sheet and simply pull it tight again every so often. We have done this since 2003 when we bought our first van.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:03 pm
by Richard | 15 Posts

We use memory foam, widely available and cut to exact size by merchant. It’s held in place by a modified fitted sheet. Warm, deep, comfortable.
Richard

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:18 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

Richard, I must admit that we steered clear of memory foam. Whilst very comfortable it can be hot, not exactly what you want when (allowed) summer hols in France.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:13 pm
by Just_Chilin (deleted)

Try Duvalay: claims to manage heat well and to be honest so far my wife and I cant repudiate that (but we havent used them in very hot climes yet)

They do custom sizes apparently but theyre not cheap

I bought them on the recommendation of other forum members

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:25 am
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:51 pm
by Totoro (deleted)

Thank for the suggestions. Very useful to see what others have done. I've also seen that Hymer do their own toppers for Hymer/Eriba caravans and motorhomes. https://www.hymer-original-zubehör....attress-topper/ Their prices are not bad, particularly if they are made-to-measure and fit well.

Scroll up

Visitors
8 Members and 33 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 8