Awnings??? air or poles

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:11 pm
by Bryn | 993 Posts

Is there such a thing as an easy to erect awning without taking out a mortgage? air or poles

GT runner likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Awnings??? air or poles

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:40 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

The closest you will get is a low campervan awning. The fit to the van will not be perfect but some have made them fit better. Ask Roger about his noodles.
Look at Vango and Sunncamp for starters. £300 will get you something new. I am awaiting a Vango Elwood at the moment.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:47 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

We have the Vango Air Hub Hex away. It’s very good and very sociable. Takes us about 20 mins to connect, pump up and peg out 👍

Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:09 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.609 Posts

Unfortunately a bespoke awning made to fit an Eriba will always be expensive. You can get driveway awnings a lot cheaper but the fit will a be a bit of a compromise. Air awnings for me, they are easier to put up, more forgiving in windy weather, less likely to damage the van with the poles and less prone to pooling.

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Keith and Sue likes this post!
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:04 am
by Keith and Sue | 79 Posts

We've used a new Vango Kilda awning on our last 3 trips. Purchased from Go Outdoors for £360. This one has 2 air beams and several guy ropes. We have found it to be easy to insert into the awning rail compared to our previous Kampa. The fit to the side of the caravan is not brilliant, but by making sure the first peg is a few inches under the van and keeping the adjuster tight it is adequate.
What we really like about this awning is that once in position the wind does not buffet it about. The Kampa would move about horribly on windy days.
Very pleased so far............

Keith

2019 Troll 540GT - Mercedes Vito Bluetec 119 Sport
See our pages at https://takethejourney.blog/
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 53 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105683 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1