caravan insurance

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:32 am
by monoboard | 352 Posts

Any one had any comments good or bad regarding Caravan Guard, I'm contemplating renewing my insurance with them. Just noticed mechanical & electrical breakdowns aren't covered. I know there's not usually a lot to go wrong & my caravan has been serviced but if you were away from home on holiday and you needed it recovering to a caravan workshop with say a brake shoe delaminated and jammed the hub up and then of course you have no accommodation while its being fixed. Half way up Scotland would be a bit of a bugger!

Just also had a quote off Adrian Flux insurance a lot cheaper but i need to compare cover. But any comment on either would be gratefully received

Last edited Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:07 am | Scroll up

RE: caravan insurance

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:12 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.319 Posts

You need to compare the caravan to your car. Your car insurance would not cover a breakdown, but it would theft, break-in, damage by a third party. If it broke down you would need a a specific breakdown cover.
Very few car breakdown covers also cover the van. Some will when it is attached and I think only one will openly say it covers the caravan when not attached to the car. This is the C&MC Mayday run by Greenflag.
In short, you will need a separate breakdown cover to cover any problems with the van. From memory, Lifesure offer a supplement o ntop of the caravan insurance to cover caravan breakdown. I was with Lifesure until this year when the premium went up a lot.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
monoboard likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:52 pm
by Skoderiba | 209 Posts

I renewed with Lifesure as the premium had not risen by very much. Breakdown insurance was an extra £10

Fortibus es in Ero
monoboard likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:56 am
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

I am with caravan guard for the insurance, the quote was a lot cheaper than the caravan club, they may insist it is CRiS registered. My mate was with them when somebody butchered his van with a welding torch whilst trying to steal it. They paid out without any fuss, as regards insurance for breakdown cover I am with the caravan club mayday, they will still cover you if the car is not attached to the van. I had an issue with my caravan brakes when I got to site, they came out and had a look. They were unable to fix it but they said don't worry have your holiday and when you are ready to go give us a ring and we will put your caravan on the back of a trailer and take you home.

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

monoboard and like this post!
Last edited Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:57 am | Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 25 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12533 topics and 105724 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3