Lowdhams Nottingham - any opinions?

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:24 am
by Thisbe (deleted)

I'm thinking of buying a new Eriba from Lowdhams Nottingham. They have the model and spec we want in stock but so far their service hasn't been brilliant - not returning calls when they say they will and being a bit vague when making queries/needing clarification.

I'm wondering if we do buy from them if could we get our servicing done elsewhere and still be covered by the warranty.

I've read numerous reviews and they are a bit of a mixed bag - the bad ones are really putting us off from buying from them. Do any of you have experience of buying from them or getting your vans serviced at the Nottingham branch?

Last edited Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:24 am | Scroll up

RE: Lowdhams Nottingham - any opinions?

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:27 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.005 Posts

Too big to care. Poorly motivated staff. Once they have a sale they're not interested.

The only dealership that is legally obliged to put anything right is the selling one. Others may refuse to handle routine servicing or repairs. However buying any distance from home can be a pain due to the miles involved in dragging van back and forth for repairs/servicing. Be aware there are only about eight Hymer authorised Touring dealers across the UK.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG

and b2nun like this post!
Last edited Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:32 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:29 am
by Thisbe (deleted)

Thanks for the quick reply Steamdrivenandy. Interesting... that probably sums it up.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:33 am

I've added an edit for you.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:37 am

I'm surprised that they have any stock, given the current market.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:18 am
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

I collected my new van from them in 2017.Very hit and miss service. I knew more about the vans than the salesman, [ although that is not difficult when selling so many marques], pdi was non existent when collecting a filthy new van, wrong mover fitted, wrong parts ordered under warranty work meaning they had to do the 6hr return trip tow for me two weeks later at there expense. Service contract was about the lowest price out there and that was surprisingly thorough. Dean in awning very helpful.

I now have my van serviced at Red Lion caravans who are expecting more vans in Sept/Aug so could be worth a call.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:26 am
by Thisbe (deleted)

Thanks for the edit Steamdrivenandy - very helpful to know. The one they have in stock was a very recently cancelled order. They also have a couple of special edition Touring models (Ocean Drive and Rockabilly) but not 100% keen on the colours and they only come with a fixed bed.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:33 am
by Thisbe (deleted)

Thanks for your reply Colin - really interesting to hear about your experience. It sounds very frustrating and exactly the type of scenario I want to avoid.

My husband is calling Red Lion caravans right now

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:38 pm

Where are you, because Broad Lane Leisure of Kenilworth and Alcester became authorised Touring range dealers recently and they have a good reputation as WWB dealers?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:52 pm
by Captain Calamity | 343 Posts

We bought our Triton from Lowdhams. Returned the van for the window seal recall and then had to take it to another dealer for the rear window to be repaired and everything dried out. Customer service was appalling and communication non-existent. Travelworld Stafford fixed all our problems under warranty and although a tad expensive they are highly recommended.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:23 pm

Except Travelworld are no longer an authorised Touring range dealer, having dropped caravans and reverted to their Hymer gin palace heritage.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:20 pm
by Captain Calamity | 343 Posts

Didn’t know that! Them and Jandi. That’s a big loss!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:32 pm
by Thisbe (deleted)

Thanks for the additional messages. Sorry, I can't work out how to quote.

Steamdrivenandy - I'm in the East Midlands so either of the Broad Lane locations would be okay.

Captain Calamity - sorry you had a bad experience as well. Shame about Travelworld Stafford as I thought that would be another option. My husband spoke to someone at Jandi (who said he was retiring) who was really helpful and knowledgeable.

Last edited Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:48 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:13 pm
by marmite | 400 Posts

Travelworld are still an authorised service centre we had our 540 serviced and water ingressed by them in June this year. Yes they are a bit on the top side price wise but the extra cost for us is negated by not having to travel for 2 - 3 hours up to Tebay (who we don't trust having had a couple of dreadful experiences with them) or endless hours to Leisure first in the deep south.

Denise & Phil

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:51 pm
by Raconteur (deleted)

We spoke to Lowdhams but I had done thorough research and the information they told me about Eribas was wrong. They didn't call me back (twice) when trying to make an appointment to view. We bought from Broad Lane at Alcester in the end (we also had a negative experience with a well known south coast dealer) which is a fair distance from us. We thought the salesman, Mark Cleaver, was straightforward and queries since we bought the van have been dealt with quickly. Handover was excellent too. We have also had dealings with Kool Classics who are stocking new vans from September. Very impressed with them. Friendly and really knowledgeable people with a clear focus on maintaining their reputation.

Skoda and 540GT
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 12 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105690 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1