How to replace the Eriba braking damper

in Detailed "How to" guides for improving or repairing your Eriba Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:11 pm
by Randa france | 12.862 Posts

Yesterday, a friend of mine replaced the braking damper on his Puck L. I took some photos and gave him a hand where it was benificial to have help.

He took the whole towing assembly off including the handbrake mechanism. The first photograph shows the holes in which the damper is bolted.

All this was taken off after the photo was taken. The tow hitch had already been removed.

These are the old and new dampers and the new damper part number. You can see how slack the old damper had become over 20 years.
By measuring between the holes on my Troll I am almost satisfied that the same damper would fit my Eriba too but don't quote me on that. If in doubt get the old one off first and also take a hole to hole measurement.

Addendum 11th October 2022.
Having watch my service engineer remove the braking damper off my 1999 Troll today, we found that the length of 445 is correct and the same as the Puck L but the rear fixed end is fashioned as a T Piece and not a ring with bushes. See below and compare with the photos of the damper removed and refitted to the Puck L.

After some trial and error it was found that it was better to fix the front of the damper first. However an 8mm allen torque tool in necessary. This photo was taken after it was fixed and the tow hitch refitted.

Then it was fixing the rear of the damper. This needed a helping hand as one pushed the damper inwards to line up with the hole in the towing assembly and the other located the bolt and nut.

Then it was a case of putting the towing assembly including the hand brake, back together again and greasing the whole thing up.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:29 pm | Scroll up
lockThis thread has been closed

RE: How to replace the Eriba braking damper

in Detailed "How to" guides for improving or repairing your Eriba Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:27 pm
by Randa france | 12.862 Posts

Addendum 11th October 2022.
Having watch my service engineer remove the braking damper off my 1999 Troll today, we found that the length of 445 is correct and the same as the Puck L but the rear fixed end is fashioned as a T Piece and not a ring with bushes. See above and compare with the photos of the damper removed and refitted to the Puck L.

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last edited Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:28 pm | Scroll up
lockThis thread has been closed

Visitors
4 Members and 24 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12512 topics and 105581 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4