Dometic Cooker Recall

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:26 pm
by Randa france | 12.890 Posts

I have been asked by Mike Wysocki of Adventure Leisure to post this important information.

Hi Randa,

I am writing to you to ask for help with reaching as many people possible.

Please could you post on Eriba Folk information re Dometic gas hob recall.

As there are many people uncertain is their vehicle affected or not I thought it would be great to use Eriba Folk to guide them how to check and what to do in case of faulty hob.

On our website we created special recall tab where Eriba owners can find list of affected units, location of hob details sticker and dometic contact email to report affected hob:
https://www.adventurelv.com/dometic-cooker-recall/

We have posted letters and called customers who purchased Eribas from us but there is also a large group of the people who purchased vehicle privately and will not receive any notification of this important recall.

Thank you
Mike

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:27 pm | Scroll up

RE: Dometic Cooker Recall

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:35 am
by Just_Chilin (deleted)

It appears two sources are stating this recall only affects products delivered since 2020 (Tabberts and Leisure First).

It would be useful if AL could confirm this so as to prevent unecessary concern from owners of any van not purchased in the last 18 months.

Clearly, if a van was bought secondhand in this period but was constructed from 2020 onwards then it would need checking, as per the notice advice from AL.

Otherwise the expectation is that all dealers will/should be contacting their own relevant customers directly as AL have indicated they are doing.

Incidentally, when searching for Dometic recalls I was quite surprised as to how many there have been over the past few years

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:04 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.011 Posts

And it ain't a 'cooker' recall, it's a 'hob' recall. Eriba Tourings don't have cookers, which are a combination of oven plus hob, they have a hob only, with gas burners.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG

Last edited Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:05 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:40 pm
by Randa france | 12.890 Posts

Zitat
It appears two sources are stating this recall only affects products delivered since 2020 (Tabberts and Leisure First).

Having spoken again to Mike Wysocki he has responed thus:-

"Hi Randa, all Eriba tourers (as well as all caravans and motor homes with listed on recall note units) can be affected- but only with SKU starting 96000.
All affected vehicles supplied by us are 2021 models so I am assuming there was faulty batch of components fitted to hobs during production of 2021 models but I can’t say 2020 are not affected too.

Knaus vehicles are affected too and I have seen internal correspondence from dometic to knaus in German so in my opinion all 2021 models vehicles can be equipped with faulty unit.

So in my opinion everyone with fitted dometic hob should check their SKU against the list.

Ps FYI we are testing all despatched vehicles accordingly to British standards that require pressure test and full gas test with all pressures, ffds etc and after checking whole history of 2021 despatches we had only one fault- down to leaky regulator so all our vehicles are not affected by the recall or hob fault must appear after some period time and usage

Hope that make a sense😅"

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:47 pm
by Just_Chilin (deleted)

Thanks for clarifying: as I mentioned in another post, its not just the product code but also the stock keeping unit (SKU) thats is relevant too: clearly the product code doesnt change as batches are produced just the SKU:)

AL's response is as I understood it too

Thx

Randa france and Keith and Sue like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 15 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105785 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2